Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 15, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Where u bin Scott? And no... I still can't hear a thing... though I can hear Oasis,Chemical Brothers,and Stereophonics just fine. :D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2006, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I really don't get what the big deal is here. Every cellphone has a silent mode that causes it to vibrate rather then sound a tone. How different is that from a tone that some people can't hear?
    When we were playing with it in the office the issue wasn't that the kids had a silent-to-us ring tone, it was more like "crap, I can't hear it, I'm not that old!". We were just shocked that some could hear it and describe it while others hear nothing.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 16, 2006, 08:43 AM
    I have one the kids can't hear... ring ring./. Clean your room.. ring ring.. do the dishes... LOL
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 16, 2006, 11:03 AM
    Obviously this thread has deteriorated into irrelevant chat and should be closed.

BTW
    Sometimes it isn't the ear it's the brain. I have a feeling that in your case this might be the problem.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 16, 2006, 11:06 AM
    How does that David Bowie song go.. :D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Sometimes it isn't the ear it's the brain. I have a feeling that in your case this might be the problem.
    No, it's the ear. More here.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 16, 2006, 12:33 PM
    There are a few of these ringtones out. One has people laughing in the background. I can hear two of them, but not the others. All of them make my daughter scream and yell TURN OFF THE SPEAKERS. She says that they really hurt her ears.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2006, 08:45 PM
    That is one of the most annoying things I have ever heard.

It was suppose to be a high-pitched tone according to the article. I kept waiting for an actual ring tone, lol.
    Maricruz Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Mar 20, 2007, 06:40 PM
    I thought my kids were putting me on, so I surreptitiously played the tone (I have it on my phone) they both said: STOP THAT! Sadly I can't hear it either...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Even skin tone [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am a young woman of east indian descent with dark brown skin that is extremely uneven. I don't have the time to spend loads of cash on skin lightening treatments, and I am only trying to lighten certain parts of my body, specifically the skin around my mouth, underarms, elbows and knees,...

Liability problems for adults injured on trampolines? [ 3 Answers ]

My 19 year old daughter has a tramp at a house she is Renting with other college students. The yard is fenced In so neighborhood kids should not be able to use it. Would it help protect from lawsuits if a sign Explaining the dangers was on the tramp? Would it help if anyone who used it...

Removing red tone [ 1 Answers ]

I had been using a semi permanent hair color by L'Oreal to tone down too light highlights and brassy colored roots in my dark ash blonde hair. I used a medium ash blonde to do this. The last time I did this, it didn't really get rid of the red looking color at the roots. So I used some L'Oreal...

Adults won't listen to me [ 6 Answers ]

Question answered, thanks for your help. :)

View more questions Search