Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hihihi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 02:23 PM
    I want to stay in the US
    I came to the US from canada with some friends to vacation (my friends are US citizens and are all over 18, I'm only 17)

In order to cross the border, I got a notarized letter from my mom saying I could go.

Well, I want to stay...
    And my mom has stated she does not care if I do
    My friends from the united states have stated if its okay I am more than welcome to live with them.
    So... do I stay here until I am 18 and try to get citizenship... (ill be 18 in april)
    Or what do I do?

Do I have to go back now?
    I wasn't in the best of situations up there.

Any information would be helpful :confused:
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 03:25 PM

As a Canadian, you are allowed to enter US on visa waiver program which means you can stay in US for 90 days without getting a proper visa. After that there is no exception, you must obtain a proper visa or you will turn illegal alien like those from the south. You choices are:

* Get a student visa and go to school, or
    * Get a job that fits employment visa requirements,

Even you mom said OK, in reality it is no way because you are still a minor and you need her as your sponsor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 03:27 PM

Agreed, you will have to get a visa to stay legally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Stay Or Should I Let Go [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 17 year old girl && I've been dateing the same guy for a year && almost 6 months when we first started like every relatinship hings were great but then I cheated on him with his best friend && then he started lying && disapearng on me && he would hang out with his exes when we would...

Should I stay [ 51 Answers ]

I met a man 6 months ago. (we are both divorced x 2years and 47 yrs old) I have fallen in love with him and have told him. H e says he is not ready for love, won't be for 6-12 months, he says he just can't trust his heart to anyone and its not healed yet. He knows I want more than friends and...

Gas won't stay on... [ 1 Answers ]

My electric start gas furnace will not stay lit. it lights up for 15 seconds, then turns off. It's as if it doesn't sense the temperature of the flame box correctly.

I want her out but I want to stay [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just signed a 12 month lease with my roommate. My parents happen to be the co-signers because we had no credit. I didn't realize how much my roommate likes to party. She is consistently drinking and doing drugs like it is no big deal. New Years day she didn't even show up to work to...

View more questions Search