Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soochkasafar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Spouse Visa
    Hi!

Six months ago back in April 2008 I got married in Pakistan and my wife who has been a English Teacher at college level for several years, will hopefully join me here in Uk. She applied for spouse visa in July soon after her term at the college was over and we've been waiting ever since. This has come to a situation now that we both are getting worried as it's dragging too long. Submitted all revalent paperwork including lots of photos of our time together and emails, cards and gifts sent by post, phone bills, bank statements etc... All they have said is that they will get back to us by the end of October.

I am a Uk Citizen, lived here for 26 years have a fully furnished rented accommodation, family members live within 2-3 miles of me and are a great support. What I am worried about is because my salary is not very high may be British High Commission may turn her application down just because of that, although she can easily get a teaching job ( or any other for that matter ) here soon. What they are afraid of ( I assume ) is that she might apply for state benefits which won't be the case as I will fully support her till she herself chooses to look for a job. Besides, my family themselves will be a great moral and financial support if and when necessary.

I need to get in touch with the High Commission in Islamabad but don't know how to approach this matter and what to write, any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 12:48 PM

I suggest you consul local immigration attorney and find out if anything did not meet the requirements.

The other issue that might play a big role here is the country where she comes from. Many immigration cases on hold in many countries for cases that applicants come from the middle east. In US, it's now zero... and similar in country such as Canada, UK, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dependent visa for spouse invalid visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dependent visa possible if spouse is in UK and visa is invalid and he got a new passport from Indian embassy in UK?

Work or Spouse Visa.future Military spouse. [ 1 Answers ]

I really have no idea where to start... I am engaged and currently visiting my fiancé (a Marine) in Okinawa, Japan. . He is stationed in Japan for the next 9 months. I was considering moving to Japan to be with him during this tour. I do not have a job in the US, I will more than likely find...

Spouse visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have got married in pakistan in November, 06 ( few month before). Can u please tell Me what r the reqirements for my wife to come here in uk. Is my bank statement from Uk is enough r she has to arrane a bank statemenet from pakistan as well. I hope u will answer my question soon...

View more questions Search