Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    codyjerome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 01:42 PM
    I cant forget this day
    I was only 10 years old when my dad died and I miss him very much and now my mom has a new boyfriend that hits us and I don't no what to do it seems like no one cares about me I'm about to run away if I don't get help cause he don't even no me like he is my dad I don't like him I want him out of my life
    codyjerome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by codyjerome View Post
    i was only 10 years old when my dad died and i miss him very much and now my mom has a new boyfriend that hits us and i dont no what to do it seems like no one cares about me im bout to run away if i dont get help cause he dont even no me like he is my dad i dont like him i want him outta my life
    if he hits me one more time I'm running away
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 3, 2008, 01:49 PM

Does your Mom know how you feel honey? Is there another family member you can talk to... like a Grandparent, an Aunt or Uncle, a family friend? I don't know how old you are now, but are you still in school? You could maybe talk to a school counselor, or a church pastor? Don't run from your problems hon, it will only make matters worse.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 3, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Don't stay around and let him hit you! You are allowed to call the police. Don't put yourself in danger. Is your Mom around when he does this? Who can you go stay with? Do you have a friend who's house you can stay at for awhile? Tell one of your friends Mom and Dad. Tell someone... anyone!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 3, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Call the kids help hotline! They might be able to help you, and give you a safe place to go in your area.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 3, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Are you okay Cody? I see you're still online. Answer if you can okay?
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 05:53 PM

Cody! So glad you posted here on the site. You have come to the right place for emotional support and advice. However, we cannot give you the physical protection from being hit. Starbuck8 gave some solid suggestions! I hope you will choose one of her suggestions.

You have given us very little information about yourself and your situation. Perhaps when you are online again, you could fill in some gaps for us. As Starbuck8 asked, I too am wondering your age now. Have you visited with your mother about what is going on? Does the boyfriend hit you both in the same time frame or does he hit your mom at times and you at other times. I ask this because I wonder if your mother knows you are being hit. If not, she needs to be made aware of this.

Another question I have is this:
    Does the boyfriend live with you and your mother or come to visit only?

I realize that I have asked some of the same questions Starbuck8 was wondering about but just hoping you will give us more information. She is right, running away will only make matters worse but seeking help and possibly staying with relatives or friends until this can be dealt with, is a great idea.

Please keep us informed but I do suggest you visit with your mother about this and if she is not supportive of you, then reach out for help and don't stop until someone does something to make the hitting stop and where you can feel safe.

Please keep us updated. There are so many people on this site that care so deeply and will want to be here for you any way we can. Best to you Cody! Again, please post again so we will know you are okay!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Don't run from your problems hon, it will only make matters worse.
    Great advice Starby! :p

I tried to rate your answer but had already on an earlier thread so need to share the love elsewhere for a bit but did want to comment on this.

Hope he comes back online and shares a bit more.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 10:26 PM

Yes running away will only make it worst, the find you and send you back, then no one will believe you are well if you tell them.

When it happens, call the police, tell a teacher or counselor the next day

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't you forget about me [ 3 Answers ]

Who is this song by from Breakfast Club Who is this song by? "Don't you forget about me" from Breakfast Club. Who is the Artist?

Cannot forget [ 3 Answers ]

This girl stays in my apartment and happens to be my friend's elder sister.she is from a good conservative indian family.I often visit them and we play games some time.I am madly in love with this girl,cannot stop thinking about her.my engeering entrance examination are coming in three months and I...

Never forget you [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the lyrics to the song Never Forget You by Holly Long. It was featured in a movie with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen

I can't forget my first [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, so its been 3 years since I dated my first girlfriend. It was on and off for 4 years almost, we split up and got back together at least 15 times. She was my first everything, my first love my first kiss my first... well, you know... everything. So I've moved on since then, I'm 21 and I've had...

I can't forget him [ 4 Answers ]

About 2 years ago my 8 year old boyfriend broke up with me. He was the man of my life, we'd been together since I was almost 16 and I practically come to this country just for him. We've never stop seen each other really; sometimes he calls me, sometimes its me, but the true is that he only do it...

View more questions Search