Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walkease Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Next door neighbor took down my fence.
    What can be done about a neighbor who claims to own app.1-2ft of land on my side of her wall.
    She took down my chain link fence leaving the gate and the remaining fence along my garage wall allowing my small fox terrier to wander the street.
    She insists she has the right to prevent me from having a fence bordering the front of the property. I have lived here over 18 months the fence has been there for years. The last 3 months has been hell with her. Now it is getting ridiculous,State of Florida.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2008, 01:41 PM

You need to check the survey for your property. Make sure where the property lines are. If you find that the fence was totally on your property, then sue her for the cost of a replacement. If, on the other hand, the fence was on her property, then its her fence, not yours.

As for whether you can have a fence or not, that's a matter of local law. Some places do prohibit fences between properties or parts of properties. So you need to check your local zoning rules about that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor says my fence on his property [ 7 Answers ]

I have lived in my home for almost 20 years, the house was built in 1986. My property was surrounded by wooded area originally until recently, owners are trying to secion off the land parcels to build sincle family homes. I had land all around me up until 2 years ago, then a house was built next to...

What is neighbor who tore down my fence guilty of? [ 8 Answers ]

While we were away on vacation, my crazy neighbor lady tore down our fence between her yard and ours. We rent. It is my landlord's fence, not her's. While fence was down, my cat got out (cat never left yard previously -- she is too fat to hop the fence. We had left her w/ food and water and...

My neighbor has decided to redo a mutual wall/fence [ 4 Answers ]

He has taken the top half off and appears to be replacing it with red brick on top of a tan base. I was never informed of this change. My questions are: Should have they consulted with me first? If they are installing the redbrick on top of the tan, which I do not care for, what rights Do I...

Neighbor attached to fence on our property w/out consent [ 1 Answers ]

Before we put our fence up, we asked our neighbor if he would like to share the fence line, including costs and he said yes. When the day came to erect the fence, we called the neighbor and he said he could not afford it at that time and he also wanted to change the location of where the fence...

View more questions Search