Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pandagirl2818 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 01:22 PM
    How can I find my father with little information about him?
    I am 29 years old and have not seen my father since the 4th grade. He did come around after he left, but my mother always sent him away. My mother does not talk about him so I cannot ask her for any information. Like so many others on here, I can’t afford to hire a PI. I just found out 6 years ago that his real 1st name was Miguel, he went by “Mike”, and his last name is De Soto. He once had an ID that had an address on it as 13719 Muscatine, Houston, Texas 77015. I found it when I was in the 8th grade, but my mom took it away and cut it up and unfortunately that is all I can remember. I have no clue how old he is or where he might live. He had family in Corpus Christi and a brother named Lupe. I just would like to know if he is alive and if I have any other siblings. Any help is very much appreciated. :)
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Nov 5, 2008, 07:50 PM

DESOTO, MIGUEL ANGEL (Age 46)
    SAN ANTONIO, TX 78201

Unfortunately, I could find no link to a sibling by the given name, "Lupe". Also tried a reverse search to link him through the supplied address you provided to no avail.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 09:00 PM
    http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?sname=MIGUEL%20DESOTO&state=ALL&re f=&se=&doby=&city=&name_style=1&tm=&tmr=
    This link should supply you the street address and the phone number

Nov 6, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem_22205 View Post
    DESOTO, MIGUEL ANGEL (Age 46)
    SAN ANTONIO, TX 78201

Unfortunately, I could find no link to a sibling by the given name, "Lupe". Also tried a reverse search to link him through the supplied address you provided to no avail.
    Thank you so much for looking... do you know of any other ways to find him? He is not listed on my birth certificate.. I know his birthday is in June (same month as fathers day) and I started thinking about his brothers name and I think his brothers wife's name was Lupe. I asked my brother if he remembered anything, but he was only 7 when he left and does not.

Nov 6, 2008, 08:16 AM

That bit of information helps. The above information on Miguel DeSoto would not be a match. His date of birth is listed in July. I will keep searching though.

Nov 6, 2008, 08:45 AM
    That bit of information helps. The above information on Miguel DeSoto would not be a match. His date of birth is listed in July. I will keep searching though.
    Wow you are really awesome. Is there any way to look up maybe by association? My last name is Marquardt and my mother's name is Marsha same last name, she was born in May of 1939. Is there a way to see a photo of that other listing of Mike Soto? I know that I would recognize him in a photo. And for sure now I know it was my aunt lupe that was married to my dad's brother. I will continue to job my memory. Maybe I will get brave enough to ask my mom something.

Thanks for all your help!

Nov 6, 2008, 09:44 AM

Would your fathers age be approximate to your mothers? Being nearer to (69).

Nov 6, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Would your fathers age be approximate to your mothers? Being nearer to (69).
    I would think so.. I think he was a little older than her, but that could be reversed he could have been a lot younger. It is something that we never talked about. I just remember his birthday was close to fathers day (my moms is close to mothers day) and that is something they had in common.

Nov 7, 2008, 05:46 AM

I left a request for the current resident at your fathers last known real address you had for him to e-mail me with any information which she may have available. I thought possibly that she may rent or own and may have information of where he may have moved to. I know it sounds like a long shot but one worth the effort.

Nov 7, 2008, 07:14 AM
    I left a request for the current resident at your fathers last known real address you had for him to e-mail me with any information which she may have available. I thought possibly that she may rent or own and may have information of where he may have moved to. I know it sounds like a long shot but one worth the effort.
    Oh please tell me you didn't put any information that I was searching for him? My mother still lives at that address. If there is anyway to get that letter from the mail-oh, please do. It would open such a tremedous amount of worms right before the holidays. If it is too late, please tell me. I will just have to go check her mail daily. Oh my gosh- I appreciate all you are doing, but this is not good at all.

Nov 7, 2008, 09:37 AM

Absolutely not. The inquiry was with a neighbor who lived in the area for many years who knows of mutual friends and family members who vaguely remembers of where he may have moved. Sorry for the confusion. You are speaking of 13719 Muscatine, Houston, Texas 77015, right?

Nov 7, 2008, 09:56 AM

So I am confused? Did you send a letter or call a neighbor? My mom does not have any of the same neighbors from that time frame. Can you let me know which neighbor you contacted?

Nov 7, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Absolutely not. The inquiry was with a neighbor who lived in the area for many years who knows of mutual friends and family members who vaguely remembers of where he may have moved. Sorry for the confusion. You are speaking of 13719 Muscatine, Houston, Texas 77015, right?
    So I am confused? Did you send a letter or call a neighbor? My mom does not have any of the same neighbors from that time frame. Can you let me know which neighbor you contacted?

Nov 7, 2008, 10:19 AM

Sorry. The owner of The Fast Break Food Store at 1231 Freeport Street. I'll abandon that idea than rather cause any possible conflict with you.

Nov 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Sorry. The owner of The Fast Break Food Store at 1231 Freeport Street. I'll abandon that idea than rather cause any possible conflict with you.
    Oh a local store.. ok.. I do thank you for all your help. You are an amazing person. If I find my father I will let you know. Thanks again-Angie

Nov 8, 2008, 08:09 AM
    This maybe helpful to you. Running searches on, "Miguel DeSoto", here is what appears. Do these match any names that you recognise? I deliberately excluded adding the last names.

Dominic G.
    Angelia M.
    Marsha M.
    Silvia G.
    Earline A. M.
    Gregory M.
    Mike S. M.
    Mike H. Soto

Nov 10, 2008, 06:45 AM
    This maybe helpful to you. Running searches on, "Miguel DeSoto", here is what appears. Do these match any names that you recognise? I deliberately excluded adding the last names.

Dominic G.
    Angelia M.
    Marsha M.
    Silvia G.
    Earline A. M.
    Gregory M.
    Mike S. M.
    Mike H. Soto
    Dominic G.-my older half siter
    Angelia M.-this is me
    Marsha M. -this is my mom
    Silvia G.- I have no clue who this is
    Earline A. M.-This was my maternal grandma
    Gregory M.-this is my full blooded brother
    Mike S. M.-not sure
    Mike H. Soto -prolly my father

WOW!

Nov 10, 2008, 09:51 PM

The information linking, "Mike H. Soto," to your mother list his age at (72). Still Trying to find a birth date on him. The "Mike S. M" I believe to be a false named used by him. Associated names:

Mike H. Soto
    Mike S. M (Family Name)
    Miguel Desoto
    Miguel Soto

Nov 11, 2008, 07:30 AM
    The information linking, "Mike H. Soto," to your mother list his age at (72). Still Trying to find a birth date on him. The "Mike S. M" I believe to be a false named used by him. Associated names:

Mike H. Soto
    Mike S. M (Family Name)
    Miguel Desoto
    Miguel Soto

After I found out his middle initial yesterday I did some searching and I found his birthdateas 07/23/1936. I am 100% sure this is him. I also found some addresses (current) 5700 Brookglen, #569 77017 & 11819 Lietrim 77047. I could not find a phone number for the most current address and the number I found for the 11819 address is 713-734-2463 and it was disconnected. The owner of the house is Joyce Harrison and she is my father age. I am thinking maybe he had a relationship with her. I am going to mail a letter out tomorrow asking for any information or a phone call. I am going to send it to both addresses. I feel I am so close. Yesterday I found my best friends half brother. She has known about him for 15 years and they just reunited yesterday. It was so amazing for her and she was just so thrilled. I am not sure if my father is alive but if he is I would like to get that same feeling. I have come to realize that he may deny me too, but as long as I tried I feel like I can put this to rest. It has been something always on my mind..

Thanks again for all your help.

Nov 11, 2008, 01:30 PM

The birth month kept getting me. I knew you were saying June but everything pointed to a July birth month. You now have the same information that I have on him. I wish you all the best in a well over do reunion. Regardless of the out come, you are a true "Blessing". You are at least trying to bridge the gap.

Let us know how things go if you want.

The best to you.
    -Gem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find this information [ 2 Answers ]

Social, political, or economic conditions can alter the nature and meaning of art Rococo, Neoclassicism, and Romanticism. Choose specific examples of artistic achievements from the two eras. Examples can be drawn from architecture, painting, printmaking, or sculpture.

How do I find out information about the ex? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I know what I want to do is "Discovery" my question is she has DirectTV and she claims not to have a phone number, what or how do I write a motion to get directtv to give me that number?

How to Find Information on Someone [ 5 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me where I can go on the internet and find information out about someone for FREE, everywhere I have looked said it was free until you type in everything and that it ask for a credit card number. I really need to find info out about someone and I can not afford to pay. ...

I have a father neglecting his kids and need any information I can get. [ 10 Answers ]

I have been married for 6 years and have 2 kids by the same guy.We are now divorced and I moved from California to Montana with the children.I have sole physical custody and am fighting for sole legal custody right now.I also want to get supervised visitation for him with the kids.What can I do to...

Trying to find out information on a house. [ 5 Answers ]

There is an abandoned house on a dead end road near where I live. The city has no record of it's address and I've only been able to find a address thought the eletric compony, there is no mail box and the numbers on the street don't match up. Where can I find info about a house that doesn't...

View more questions Search