Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pisces2468 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Two zone furnace.
    Hello, I have been having a discussion about this problem and would like to know if I am correct and if I can fix the problem. I have a six room ranch house. I have one zone with a circulator and separate thermostat for a den which is approximately 25'X25'. I also have a separate thermostat for the rest of the house. It seems to me that when I have the thermostat in the den set at 68% and the rest of the house at 68%, the two circulators never call for heat at the same time, therefore the furnace is running twice as many times to heat both zones. Should I go back to having one zone? Help!! Thank you. I look forward to an opinion or a solution.:confused::rolleyes:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 11:51 AM

The system seems wired wrong. Some documentaion for zoning with Taco vales is here:

TACO - HVAC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a Zone to my hot water furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I am going from a single zone hot water system to a dual zone. Have Aqua-stat #L8148E and two thermostats with two Honeywell #V8043F 1036 zone vales already mounted & ready to go but need help with the electrical wiring. Can anyone help me with a simple schematic that will get the job done or some...

Zone valves on hot water furnace wearing out [ 2 Answers ]

We have lived in this house 15 years. So far we have replaced the 3 zone valves in our furnace 3 times. Is this normal wear and tear or what is going on. These are very expensive and my husband is NOT a handy man

Wiring old taco zone valves 555-102 to furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have a two zone system of water base boards hooked up to an oil furnace (or is it a boiler?). I had it serviced a month ago and I just realized that the wiring on the two zones, which are controlled by taco 555-102 zone valves, was reversed so that the wrong thermostat controlled the wrong...

Valve does not turn on furnace in one zone [ 4 Answers ]

I am having problems with one zone of a two-zone heating system. The thermostat does not function; previously this happened intermittently, and turning on the valve manually while the thermostat was set high enough started the furnace. Now, turning on the valve does not help either; the only way to...

Furnace only firing in one zone [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I have a digital thermostat and gas heat (forced hot air). When I turn the heat on upstairs, the blower only blows cool air. When I turn it on downstairs, it works normally. I checked the fuse box to see if a fuse had been tripped, but it was normal. What other simple steps can I take...

View more questions Search