Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    breathless1 Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Courting and courtship
    I want someone's opinion on this. Men and women.

A man meets a woman and supposedly falls in love shortly thereafter.

In the beginning he says he loves her immensely and says she is beautiful but does the following things. Mimicks her walk and laughs about it, says she has fat. He only did it twice.

He tried to make up for this after by saying that he really loves her the way she is but obviously to her this was predominantly noticed and she can't get over the fact that he pointed that out.

He also is one of those men that expects a continuously high standard i.e. hair, nails, feet, bikini, leg wax always freshly done and perfect as well as a certain style of dress that should always be worn i.e. heels, skirts, make up, etc etc.

This was whilst dating. What would the implications be for marriage?

Also, from the mans perspective. She does not find him very attractive although she did tell him he has nice cheeks and a nice smile. She did tell him when they first met about this but then she started to like him.

He is not very physcially fit so she did require that he start to work out because she is attractive to physical fitness. She is working out and quite fit, not fat, - really, its just the bit where the bra is pulled tight on the back that he saw sticking out a bit, which can be trimmed by working out, which is what she is doing.

She told him she likes it when he dresses smartly. He has a very big head (to his admittace not hers) and shaves it. He is also quite thin in casual clothes i.e. jeans which is why she suggested he wears smarter clothing i.e. slightly loose suits. (they are loose because he is still losing weight).

If she would have told him he has a big head would he not have been offended?

I don't think they are a match.
    Ijii Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 09:09 AM

Why get a man like that when one can find a man who calls you a goddess when you trample into the room in a sweatshirt, your hair matted and your face blotchy? <3
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 01:10 PM

That he is a control freak and unless you are willing to allow him to control every aspect of your life you will be miserable.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 10:37 AM

He ain't worth it, and after knowing all that, she deserves what she gets.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 10:50 AM

Please do not confuse a guy falling in "Lust" for a guy falling in "Love"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 01:14 PM

Sounds like both of them are not worth it, he is a jerk and into control, she is making him start to work out, changing him.

It should not even have started

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my male cat "courting" me? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old orange tabby named Mister Buddy. He was rescued by a friend from an apartment complex where his tail had been slammed in a door and it had to be amputated. After he came out of the vet's office he ended up with me and my DH. He was about 4 months old and the vet thinks he never...

Courting & Dating- what's the difference? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm unsure as to what the difference is? Can any one tell me the difference and which one you prefer/ have had experience with?

Courting A Lady [ 7 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Well here is my situation. There's this girl that I've been seeing for a couple of weeks now. We've gotten kind of close but we haven't committed to a relationship. She's still seeing other guys and dealing with her ex-boyfriend. My question is what should I do to convince this...

View more questions Search