Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 05:37 AM
    I want to make my laptop wireless
    I want to make my laptop wireless .there is a router at my home but when ever I I don't know I try to connect it via wireless it asks for a key .I don't know which key it is asking for .I don't know any key . Tell me that how can I make my laptop wireless I have hp laptop.
    gara Posts: 117, Reputation: 26

Nov 3, 2008, 05:44 AM

What is your lap top typ is it dell or toshipa or what ?
    mzk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gara View Post
    what is your lap top typ is it dell or toshipa or what ?
    It is hp 6730b
    gara Posts: 117, Reputation: 26

Nov 3, 2008, 06:25 AM

Oki me I bought toshipa satlate and there is small button below the lap top cover u can remove it to left and right for switch on and off when did you buy the lap top of yours ?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Nov 3, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mzk View Post
    i want to make my laptop wireless .there is a router at my home but when ever i i dont know i try to connect it via wireless it asks for a key .i dont know which key it is asking for .i dont know any key . tell me that how can i make my laptop wireless i have hp laptop.
    Someone in the household will have to provide you with the wireless security key and the key type. If they are hiding the SSID, you will need this also. All of this information is case sensitive.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2008, 12:43 PM

Your wireless is turned on, otherwsie you wouldn't be able to detect the network and get to the point it is prompting your for a key.

Whoever setup the router, has applied encryption so you need to the key to connect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

Regarding laptop wireless [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so basically my relationship relies on this... me and my husband share a laptop and laptops obvioisly have wireless connections correct? Well I was on YouTube the other day, and in the box where you type in what you want to see, a bunch of provocative things popped up and my husband swore that...

Wireless laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dell laptop and I have to dial-up but I would like to know how do I get it to be wireless

Sky, wireless to laptop [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've just converted from bt to sky. I've received my wireless router from sky. I operate a toshiba laptop. I can't download all the sky cd rom as it stalls saying my windowa xp is not authentic. I have purchased a wireless bus card for the laptop but can't get my laptop to operate on wireless....

PC to laptop wireless [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a laptop with wireless capabilities ( HP winxp) and would like to set up a wireless connection with my PC ( winXP). I bought and installed a wireless DSL gateway( ActionTec) which I've installed and set up on my PC. However my laptop is not receiving any signal ( or so it seems). ...

View more questions Search