Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GBaines Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Visa Waiver program England to States
    Hi, My sister had a bi-polar episode in 1996 whilst in California and was sectioned for evaluation for 2 days, then went back to england.
    She does not know whether she was 'arrested' and therefore is worried that if she ticks the I94W waiver to state she wasn't arrested that she may be denied entry to the states when we travel there in December. It is too late for her to apply for a visa.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks Geoff
    bobloblaw Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2008, 01:42 PM

Involuntary evaluation does not equal arrest. I'm not sure what you mean by "sectioned", but, these two items (involuntary eval and arrest) have to do with one another, unless she was taken into custody by police and then involuntarily committed. I think we need more info.

Or you could just call the police where she may or may not have been arrested and ask if there's an arrest record.
    GBaines Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
    involuntary evaluation does not equal arrest. I'm not sure what you mean by "sectioned", but, these two items (involuntary eval and arrest) have to do with one another, unless she was taken into custody by police and then involuntarily committed. I think we need more info.

Or you could just call the police where she may or may not have been arrested and ask if theres an arrest record.
    Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we don't know whereabouts she was detained in san francisco. She doesn't think she was arrested, but she can't really recall. She is going to answer no to the arrest question on the waiver i94 w and hopefully it will not be on a data base in immigration/passport control.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 visa have HRR Waiver/ applicable to H1B cap [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently here on a J1 visa. Had a two year home residency requirement but got the waiver approved. I have applied for a H1B visa on 1 April 2008. Want to check if I am applicable to the H1 B cap.

Can F1 visa be transferred to H1B visa with out joining OPT program? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Currently I am MSC student on F1 visa currently authorized to work .I have been working as a software engineer,network engineer and web developer for the last six years . I am confused about the conversion of F1 to H1B Visa status. Can I Change my F1 visa to H1B visa with out joining the OPT...

Why are labor unions more prevalent in New England than in the southeastern states? [ 1 Answers ]

Why are labor unions more prevalent in New England than they are south of the Mason- Dixon line? Has anyone else noticed this ?

I already got J1 waiver. Then my J1 was extended.Do I need to apply again for waiver? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am on a J1 visa. I got my waiver for the 2 year rule couple months ago. But after getting the waiver, my university extended my J1 status. My question is: is the waiver still good or do I need to apply for a waiver again? We are about the start the H1 process.

Visa waiver overstayer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a british citizen who entered the states on a visa waiver in October 2001. I have overstayed, and have been in the states ever since,I have been here for 6 years now. How can I get legal in the u.s ? I have not in any trouble with the law since I have been here. My only friends and...

View more questions Search