Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manikandan2k Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Can dependent in H4 visa stays in USA while H1 person leaves to India for a week?
    I am in H1 visa and my Wife is in H4 visa. Can I leave my wife in USA and go to India for week and come back? Is it legal ?

Thanks
    Mani
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 12:20 AM

No problem.. also she can travel to her home country alone or with the children. Her H-4 status ends when H-1 is out of status or you're divorce.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dependent visa for spouse invalid visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dependent visa possible if spouse is in UK and visa is invalid and he got a new passport from Indian embassy in UK?

H1B - Can take F1 person as dependent [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Question: Can H1B person take his brother(brother is on F1-student visa) as dependent? Thanks.

Can I show my wife who is in India as a dependent ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US on AUG 2007 on L1. My wife who is studying in India and on L2 visa came to US just for one month during December. I have my SSN and she doen't have SSN or ITIN. Can I show my wife as a dependent in my tax declaration? Do I need to apply for ITIN on behalf of her? -sj

H1B visa holder claiming a Dependent who is on H4 visa? [ 2 Answers ]

I am on H1B visa and my wife is on H4 visa. Can I claim her as a Dependent while filing for the tax return. Do I have to apply for ITIN? Please explain the procedure. Thanks

* CALIF TAX - 2007/2008 for Dependent/Visiting Parents from India [ 1 Answers ]

New Year Greetings!! This is my first posting in this wonderful forum. I live in California with my wife and a newborn (Dec 2007). Green card status. Child Question - I believe, we can get tax credit up to $3000 with both parents working, living in a single home, married filing jointly....

View more questions Search