Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwr9 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 09:46 PM
    Thanks, I'll definitely check that. The wires were installed on the new board the same way they were on the old one. I did some investigation online after posting earlier. Twinning seems to be hooking 2 furnaces up to basically act as one furnace sharing all the same ductwork and thermostat. I definitely don't have anything like that. I suspect the error the led is flashing is somewhat misleading. Guess I just have to keep looking for something else wrong.

Nov 19, 2008, 09:49 PM

I am sure I checked all the limit switches. Since the switches are hooked up in series I checked at each end of the circuit that goes through all the switches also and it is not open.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 09:49 PM
    I know what twinning is. Did it back in the 70's with Bryant furnaces.

Electronics are very sensitive to in simple terms positive and negative reversal. That is why I mentioned that the transformer wires might have been switched OR that could also be why the new board is doing the same as the old. Just a thought.

Nov 19, 2008, 10:25 PM
    I appreciate the help and I will definitely be checking to make sure the wires are connected correctly.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Nov 20, 2008, 06:19 AM

Maybe a call to York or whomever makes the board would help explain what will set off that code. I have had good luck with York's support.

Nov 20, 2008, 04:32 PM

Hvac100 appears to have come up with the fix on the new circuit board. I reversed the secondary wires from the transformer and the furnace is working. Thanks for the help.

Nov 20, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Glad you got it going
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 20, 2008, 06:39 PM

Reversed polarity can be a pain. Just glad hvac was here to help you out. Great job hvac.

Nov 20, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    reversed polarity can be a pain. Just glad hvac was here to help you out. Great job hvac.

Being in this industry to long can have its advantages and disadvantages. LOL
    Attached Images

dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Nov 21, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Being in this industry to long can have its advantages and disadvantages. LOL
    You really should get some formal dinner plates. They are much easier to eat from and wash. :D

Nice call on the reverse polarity.

Nov 21, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Thank you
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 04:31 PM

Hvac, I don't laugh or even smile much. But that pic just made my day. The sad part is, someone has probably actually done this.

Nov 21, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    hvac, i dont laugh or even smile much. But that pic just made my day. The sad part is, someone has probably actually done this.

I use some of those type things in class. They always get a chuckle.

New style heat and smoke detector combo unit.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace sometimes blowing cold air [ 7 Answers ]

We bought a brand-new house in May 2002. This winter (I don't think it happened last winter) when it got really cold outside, the furnace blew cold air. When it warms up outside, it starts blowing warm again. We had someone come and look at it and he told us it had a 30 degree heat pump?? And when...

My gas furnace is blowing cold air [ 11 Answers ]

:eek: my furnace is blowing cold air. Last night I noticed that my furnace was shuting off when the thermostat read 64 degrees. But we had the therm. Set to 70 degrees. Now today it is only blowing cold air I have tried turning it on and off again to spark some flame? That did nothing. Now the...

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

Gas Furnace blowing cold air. [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently moved into a new house that has a gas furnace ( forced air) in it and we just had to replace the ignitor. Well now its finally working but when its on and blowing warm air after a few minutes it starts to blow out cool air! I just need to know if I need to adjust anything on...

Furnace blowing cold air. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Trane XE90 furnace that is 6 years old. The pilot is lit but it blows cold air and runs for long periods. I had it serviced including a fliter change in April and the technician said the high limit switch was stuck he got it to work but said it would not last very long. Can you...

View more questions Search