Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cboss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Ceiling fan controls only change direction
    We replaced a ceiling fan & light with a new one and then changed the electrical, running an entirely new line to the fixture to take it off a dual switch to just operate from 1 because we closed off the second doorway to the room. When we hooked it back up, one of the pull chains now changes the direction of the fan, and the other pull chain does nothing. And the lights don't come on ever. The fan stays on unless you turn it off at the switch.

There is only a white, black, and blue wire coming from the fan and only a white and black coming from the feed wire.

Do we need to take the fan apart and rewire something there since this had been wired differently before?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 05:23 PM

What model fan is it?

If you are using a dual switch to operate it, there should be more than just black and white going to it.

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan direction change [ 4 Answers ]

I have an HB fan that I can not find a model number for. The fan uses remote model UC7076T. Can anyone tell me how to change the direction of the fan, I can not find a switch on the fan and the remote does not have a direction button on it. Thanks and Hurry it is hot... :mad:

Ceiling fan won't respond to controls [ 1 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan stopped working and won't respond to either remote or pull chains. Power is there. What do I do and how can I get someone to troubleshoot this?

Electric Ceiling Heat Controls [ 2 Answers ]

My house has 35 year old ceiling heat with Mears wall mounted thermostats. Looks like the thermostats are mechanical (expanding/contracting coil spring). I know that this system is inefficient but are there more accurate digital controllers available which I could install to allow me to more...

View more questions Search