Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtballer Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 08:36 PM
    What should I do as a career?
    Okay. Right now with my current job I can't take regular classes at a school. So I wanted to take online school.

Now, I really was looking for just something quick right now. Maybe take a course and get certified and get my foot in the door somewhere and then continue while I'm working.

What I'm saying is, is there anything that is worth it to take that isn't a degree or cost like 10,000 dollars or 30,000 dollars?

I'd like to learn something and be able to start at at least 30,000-35,000, and then hopefully be able to expand on my skills.

I've always been interested in computers more than anything and the IT world.

Any ideas? Someone mentioned the mcp, Microsoft certified professionals, but I really don't know.

Any advice? I can further explain whatever you need to help with my situation more...
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Nov 2, 2008, 08:43 PM

If you really want to learn cheaply, go to the library. There may be courses available like the ones you want on the shelf. You could self learn and then just take the certification test.
    jtballer Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 08:49 PM

Hmm... okay.

So you're saying going for the MCP would be a good idea?
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Nov 2, 2008, 09:04 PM

That would be a great start, the good thing about that is you could offer your services as an independent contractor and work up your skills part-time. Get a couple of clients under your belt managing their servers, and you could do a lot of it at night remotely. You may want to look into security as well, that is big right now.

The thing is the more you learn, the more you will know where your services will be in demand. Just get going on something, you can switch gears at a later point if your interest takes you elsewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CNA Career [ 4 Answers ]

How Far can I go with a CNA certification

Mom with a career? Possible? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and am going to college with my boyfriend (who would be my husband if we had money for a wedding.) I began majoring in fine art and then in art education for a reliable pay check. He has talked me into trying web design since the job outlook for art teachers isn't good and the pay...

IT career [ 4 Answers ]

How would you go about starting a career working in help desk ? What is the starting salary? How long does it take to move between levels?

View more questions Search