Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eduardo_85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 08:29 PM
    I want to join the marines
    I'm a 23 y/o that wants to join the marines I've bee here in the united states since 1991 I know I need a ssn but I don't know if I can get one I have a 11 month old baby and my girld friend has 5 years till her ssn comes her mom is a pemanent resident and she file for her is there any way that I can get a permite to join the marines :(
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 12:27 AM

Here's what you must do... go to this website Selective Service System: Welcome and register Selective Service.

If you are a man ages 18 through 25 and living in the U.S. then you must register with Selective Service. It’s the law. You can register at any U.S. Post Office and do not need a social security number. When you do obtain a social security number, let Selective Service know. Provide a copy of your new social security number card; being sure to include your complete name, date of birth, Selective Service registration number, and current mailing address; and mail to the Selective Service System, P.O. Box 94636, Palatine, IL 60094-4636.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College or Marines [ 38 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance. For the longest time I've wanted to serve my country, after September 11th my will became greater. I am a senior in high school and for the better half of the year I had been fixed on enlisting into the Marines right after I...

Am I too old for the Marines? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone: I always wanted to join the Marines. At 18 I wanted to enlist but I broke my leg and that was it. I am 25 now. Since that time most of my family wanted me to stay out of the military and I did. I had many jobs but I did't like any of them I always wanted something interesting and...

Scared About Marines [ 10 Answers ]

OK. I need some real good advice. Honestly my recruiter I think gives me bull and I've been trying to search someone who has any help for months. Now I'm honestly tired of trying to give people my life story but in a nut shell I was big fat and no muscle over a year ago and through high school...

Any Marines? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for anyone who has the experience of being a Marine to offer me friendly advice. I'm thinking about becoming a Marine, but I have a few simple questions. Does stealing happen often on bases, should I keep my good clothing at home? What's a typical day look like once you get stationed...

Would I be able to handle the marines [ 5 Answers ]

I am a small lady I am not sure that my body would be able to take the beating. I would like to go in to the marines after high school. How much of my college fund will they pay? After that I would like to start a career in underwater welding but that is another topic.

View more questions Search