Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyn21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Does my best friend have feelings for me? What do I do?
    I've had feelings for one of my best friends for about a year now. I expressed my interest at the beginning of the summer at the insistence of mutual friends who indicated that they thought he had feelings for me. He responded that "it wasn't a matter of disinterest", thought there were other guys in my life, and we would see what happened. A couple weeks later, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, had emergency surgery, and spent the summer recovering. Up until a few months ago, he was unable to speak. During his recovery, I visited with him and tried to be there for him as much as possible. Since he has recovered, neither of us has mentioned what I told him. Lately, when we are together with friends, he'll put his arm around me (something he would never have done before I told him), and often times I'll catch him staring at me. He told a mutual friend that he thought something may happen between us and that he would talk to me about it, but never has. My question is whether I should bring the situation up with him. I have felt as though the ball is in his court ever since I opened up to him, and feel like it's not my place at this point to bring it up again since he knows how I feel. Sometimes I feel as though he does have feelings for me, but other times I wonder if he is just appreciative of me being there for him during a tough time. Any advice on how I should proceed? Thanks!
    TRACYS 4 LIFE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 05:38 PM
    It sounds to me that he likes you but scared to say something to you about it. Maybe if you tell him how you feel again he will come out with his feelings towards you. And also you got to think about what he has been through lately
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 10:59 AM
    One thing about feelings, and intentions, is no one else knows about them.

You have told him how you feel, so if he is not moved to check things out, or at least talk, that's his problem.

Whether he is shy, afraid, or simply wants you to make the move, is irrelevant.

Its up to you to do what you think is the best, and what your comfortable with, as without knowing anything about him, I would really hate to tell you to say something, and see what happens next.

The safest thing to do is casually hang out, and do a few things together, to see what happens, and if he doesn't take a hint, hit him over the head, and drag him back to your cave.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 11:46 AM
    It is natural for stronger feelings to develop between friends, but scary too. Some people are too afraid of losing the friendship to act on their feelings. Since you have already said something, I would wait and see what happens. In the meantime, show him how you feel, rather than tell him. Find ways to do little things for him that are more than you would do for a friend.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 11:53 AM

Must say having someone sitting by my bed after a big suergy is enough to make me think..
    Wow this person is awesome.

Your feels are true no doubt

It is up to you thought o make the move.
    I think he is just scared and shy

But I think you should do it

Best of luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friend confessed feelings [ 65 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to the boards and find myself in a bit of a pickle. I've recently got out of a long term relationship and am still in the recovering period - I'm not over her. I took the break up pretty hard and have been leaning on the people closest to me pretty heavily recently.To add insult...

I have feelings for my friend! [ 4 Answers ]

I have talked to this girl named Haylei since school started. We talked but I never seen us more than that, until recently. I had a girlfriend named Lisa Marie. We were dating when I started gaining feelings for Haylei. The feelings have become so strong that I couldn't take the guilt and...

Friend who I have mega feelings for. [ 2 Answers ]

Over the past year or so I've become real close to my best mate,, she is just a real quality girl to be around!. we are going on hol in August to portugal just me and her now I know I have really strong feelings for her but I don't want to spoil our friendship by telling her how I feel... if I tell...

I have feelings for my friend, but he doesn't know. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been developing feelings for my friend for quite some time, but he still doesn't know about them. How can I let him know without ruining our friendship if he doesn't feel the same way towards me?

Does soon-to-be married friend have feelings for me? [ 4 Answers ]

We were just friends, but I felt that things were tending to go to a romantic interest. I know he was interested and I know that marriage was something that he wanted as part of his future. At the time, I wasn't looking for a husband. I decided that I didn't want to go that route. So, I sent him a...

View more questions Search