Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianemucc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 11:30 AM
    No overflow bathroom sink
    Hello, I recently installed a bathroom sink. This one has no hole for the overflow, and no holes for the faucets so basically only one hole for the drain. Is there a specific way to do this type of plumbing since the water takes a very long time to go down.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 11:44 AM

All sinks are required to have overflow. Overflow not only prevents overflowing water but also acts like a vent helping water to drain out faster. But I understand that some vessel sinks and/or designer sinks, like Porcher or Catalano, don't have overflows...

If you don't have overflow, you need to get drain that has no provision for overflow ( holes on side of the neck of the drain ). You can get those in Home Depot (Pegasus brand). They have "push" stopper as well. If you get drains from Grohe or Chigago than your sink will drain very slowly.

You have no hole for faucet. You will have install faucet on counter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New bathroom sink backs up halfway, quickly drains, repeat.. no overflow in this sink [ 2 Answers ]

I just very proudly finished installing our new second floor bathroom sink drains. Two different vanities, two different walls. I ran the water steadily in both of them for 10 minutes. One works fine. The other backs up about halfway up the bowl, then suddenly quickly drains everything and...

Sink Overflow [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to size an overflow hole in a sink? I'm looking for the actual calculation. This is a question I was recently asked and I can't figure this out for the life of me. Thanks, Aaron

Sink w/overflow v. Without [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a self-rimming sink without an overflow. I have two small children at home. Was this a mistake? Should I return the sink in case they decide to turn the water on and leave it running or does it really matter?

Rusty bathroom sink overflow [ 3 Answers ]

My bathroom sink is draining very poorly. I snaked out the pipe, but found no clog. A plumber came for the same problem about a year ago and blamed it partly on our sinks overflow being very rusty and interfering with proper venting of the sink. Does this sound right and can the overflow be...

Sink w/o overflow hole [ 9 Answers ]

I just had a home inspection on a house I am considering buying. The inspector mentioned that the 2nd floor bathroom sinks did not have overflow holes. Is this a Uniform Plumbing Code violation?

View more questions Search