Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Jun 11, 2006, 12:13 PM
    Using Tape To Hold Newspaper On Car While Spraying Products Etc> Re: Rust Work
    I am trying to save some money, and would like to know if I need to purchase a "specific tape" or can I use any type of tape? It would be used to hold newspaper on my car, to cover up the places that I do not want my Son to get any Rust stop product, primer, body filler etc. on by accident.
    I saw special tape in the store, but thought I would ask here first... perhaps I
    Can get away with tape from the dollar store, such as a roll of masking tape... but I was wondering if it might pull off or damage the paint on my car which is still good? THANKS for any advice, suggestions etc. :confused:
    general--lee Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2006, 01:36 PM
    I would go for a good quality masking tape as it will peel after days without leavign marks, cheap stuff or other stuff like selotape or parcel tape will leave the glue on panels when you pull it off and you will spend more time and effort tryign to remove it then just buying the decent stuff to begin with

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Pursuit for whitening products that DO work [ 70 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I have been on the pursuit for beautiful fair skin. Not porcelain white but even tone, freckle free skin. So, if you have tried or are currently trying some products right now, do update us. NO FALSE TESTIMONIALS here. So lets go down to business. :)

Should I buy a wire brush for Car Rust work? [ 2 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should get a wire brush to remove the rust on my car to get it ready for rust stop, body filler etc... any of your opinions would be appreciated, as usual?! THANKS.:confused:

Why Is A Mask Imperative For Autobody Rust Sanding Work [ 5 Answers ]

I bought body filler and sand-paper to repair rust around the wheelwells of my 13 year old Eagle Summit Wagon.I would greatly appreciate some support on the following matter. My Son is going to try and repair the rust on my car. He has allergies, has nosebleeds very often (had one today) and also,...

Car - must hide rust temporarily (but not with duck tape!) [ 2 Answers ]

THANK YOU for all the replies about my car, and the rust, that I wish to hide. I was disappointed as I thought that someone might give me some idea on how I could hide the rust using a less expensive technique. I DO understand that cutting the rust off, putting on new metal and repainting is...

View more questions Search