Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khilker Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Insuring immigrant parents with pre-existing condition
    I am an American and last year I married an amazing Chinese women that I met in college. We occasionally discuss bringing her mom to the US to live with us but we are concerned about getting her the proper healthcare. In China, my mother-in-law has been treated for chronic insomnia, depression, and anxiety ('chicken or the egg' situation) for the past 5 years with no improvement. If she were to live with us, we would have course like her to continue treatment with American doctors.

I doubt we would be able to afford the medical bills without assistance. She is 55 years old, a non-smoker, non-drinker. We live in the Chicago area. My wife and I are covered by BCBS of Illinois HMO provided through my job.

What are our chances and options to get her covered by health insurance that will assist with this pre-existing condition? Will she need to be a permanent resident first? :confused:

Thanks in advance!
    oldcurios Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 04:00 PM

There is such a thing as Immigrant Health Insurance. You can get it with or without coverage for pre=existing conditions. I do not know how much it cost. Here is a link: US immigrant medical Insurance. Call 877-340-7910. New immigrants to usa insurance, US Green Card, permanent resident, H1 H4 Visa holders or you can just Google immigrant medical insurance.

She may also qualify for medicaid - you should check that option out too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigrant tax law [ 1 Answers ]

Do H1B visa holder pay taxes

Insuring and Bonding a cleaning company? [ 2 Answers ]

How would I go about bonding and insuring a cleaning company and how much would this cost? All advice on this service would be much appreciated!

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

Pre-existing condition [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was laid off his job in Feb. 2006. His insurance continued through the end of Feb. and then I added him to my insurance as of March 1st 2006. His doctor scheduled an endoscopie. It was done in May(under MY insurance). Because he had talked with his doctor about acid reflux in Jan. and...

View more questions Search