Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abodh Posts: 47, Reputation: -2

Nov 2, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Labor Fraud
    Where do report labor fraud in commonwealth of Virginia in the USA? One foreigner who owns deli and pizza outlet has been sponsoring as skilled chef for delivery driver with less than minimum wages and employs him until he gets green card. Usually, it takes about 3/4 years until that employee receives green card and that period he works as slaves while owner is running business at minimum employee cost. He has done at least 3 I know of and I feel so bad for the employees. Where to file complains to discourage such business owner to exploit foreign people? In the mean time, legal residents are having hard time to find the jobs.

The trick/loophole is - he has couple ethnic meal items on the menu which he never serves but that is the way to get labor approval pretending no US Legal worker has skill to prepare that meal and gets labor certifications from Labor Department.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 01:28 PM

If you have evidences indicating the employer is paying below minimum wage, report the issue to labor department.. it will lead to immigration issue in no time.
    abodh Posts: 47, Reputation: -2

Nov 3, 2008, 05:48 AM

The Deli owner even does not have payroll. He just hands out the cash every week. Where in Labor Department this kind case is to report?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 02:10 PM

United States Department of Labor: Frequently Asked Questions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Insurance Fraud/Advance commission fraud [ 10 Answers ]

I'm sure this post with be confusing to some of you but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was hired back in October of 2005 as an independent contractor selling life insurance policies. One of my clients that I sold a policy to mentioned that she had a few family members that were...

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor deman [ 7 Answers ]

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor demand. Using economic principles, describe how changes in the labor market have affected you or someone you know.

Am I in Labor? [ 27 Answers ]

Hey, Just a question out there for you mothers... I have had two other kids, but both labor was different. The first one, My water just broke and I was off to the hospital. I never had contractions. The second one, I had mild contractions all day and then they just got really bad. ...

View more questions Search