Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Are IB tests enough for studying at Yale/Princeton/Dartmouth?
    I have this friend, he is from the Czech Republic, Europe. He want´s to study at Yale/Princeton/Dartmouth, he is a perfect student with the best English ever (you would say he´s British). Are IB tests enough, or does he have to do any other tests? Thanks :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 02:53 PM

Have him check out the websites of the different schools he is interested in. They all have sections for international students who want to apply and what criteria will be needed.
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 5, 2008, 12:26 PM

He probabbly didn't think of that... neither did I...
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Nov 6, 2008, 08:15 PM

I think the IB test would only be good as a School report he would have to take an ACT or SAT test on top of that (he can register for a December test If it's not to late.)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 08:36 PM

I am a fellow IB grad, and I thought that 9 IB exam grades would be enough, but to be honest, IB is not taken as seriously in american universities as it is in other countries. He may be better off taking AP exams (they're much easier than IB exams), and getting some really good recommendations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

How to get a scholarship to yale [ 2 Answers ]

How do you get a scholarship to Yale? What entrance requirements do I need to have?

I Need A Scholarship To Yale Or Jhu [ 4 Answers ]

I really need help. I have a b+ average as a High school Senior. What are my chances in getting scholarships or even getting acceptance to Ivy league schools??

Blood tests or urine tests? [ 2 Answers ]

I usually have irregular periods. They sometimes come every month, and sometimes a/f doesn't come but every other month. I have never gone three months without a/f. I took 4 pregnant. Tests. All urine home pregnancy tests. They all came out negative. I am wondering if I take a blood test, can...

Studying in US [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Frenz, If anyone can quench my thirst of knowledge about how to pursue education in US with financial aid and education support.How can I get teaching Assistantship for pursuing PhD in structural dynamics in civil engg.pls guide me Thanks in advance, Regards

View more questions Search