Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dachshund lover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Repairing grout on exterior porcelain tile floor
    We have a screened porch with a porcelain tile floor, and some of the grout has begun to crack. In order to regrout, do I have to remove ALL the grout from the entire floor, or can I just remove the sections that are crumbling?

Thanks for the help!
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Nov 2, 2008, 08:01 AM
    If you do just part, you run the risk of a two tone floor, part new bright and clean and some old and dirty looking. You did not say what color, but comes into play.

Do a small amount and see how you like the result and decide from there.

Good luck Roger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove grout from a floor tile [ 7 Answers ]

Can I remove grout from a tile?

DIY Porcelain Tile Floor Refinishing [ 1 Answers ]

We have porcelain tile floors throughout the entire living space of our home. The acrylic finish appears to be coming off, which has left the floor looking awful. A professional tile refurbisher told us that he would have to remove the remainder of the finish. Next, he'd have to apply a natural...

Removing stains on floor tile grout [ 6 Answers ]

I am having a terrible time removing stains from grout that was here when we bought the house. It is in the kitchen and I have tried everything under the sun. Some one said vinegar and that didn't work. Ive also tried oxyclen and it didn't work either. I have tried clorox clean up and awesome. We...

Shower floor tile and grout remain wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2 marble slate flooring. After each shower I take an area of "wet looking" tile and grout expands. I read up on it and seem to think that the drain weep holes may be clogged but my contractor doesn't think so (but hasn't checked to see which would mean taking out the...

Shower tile floor and grout remains wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2s marble floor tile. Every time we take a shower an area of dark, wet looking tile and grout expands. Soon my entire floor will look that way. I've done some research and think that the drain weep holes may be clogged causing water accumulation to saturate my floor...

View more questions Search