Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexab10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 01:36 AM
    Bancruptcy and LLC partners
    I have an LLC company that we opened with another party.
    Both have equal ownership of this LLC.
    Turns out now he is going to file for personal bancruptcy, as well as bancrupt his other 2 copmanies that he owns himself. His houses are in foreclosure and significant money is owed under his other companies he has.
    The LLC we have together is in good standing.
    How will his other bancruptcies, forclosures and such affect me?
    Will I be liable in any way? How will his things affect me and our LLC partnership?
    Most of his problems are from the real estate.

Appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    [email protected]
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Hello alex:

Won't have ANY effect on you - cepting your partner ain't too good at business.

excon
    2muchthyme Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 10:53 AM

I guess I'm not answering this question... I'm asking a new one. Let me know if there is a correct way to do this. Will this affect chances for the existing LLC to apply for loans if needed?
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 11:03 AM
    Hello 2much:

On the corporate law page, you can press the button called "new thread".. But, it's cool, really. This guy ain't coming back..

If the existing LLC has good credit, then the bad credit of its stockholders and/or directors won't matter.

excon

Jan 27, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Great! I just started a new LLC and am the sole owner. I was wanting to partner with my consultant but he filed bankruptcy and went through a foreclosure recently. I was thinking that this might affect our company if we need to apply for loans.
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Hello again, 2:

Read what I said again. I said IF the LLC has good credit...

Yours doesn't. New LLC's don't have credit. Until it does, any lender is going to want a personal guarantee, in which case HIS bad credit WILL effect your company's ability to borrow.

excon

Jan 27, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Thanks EXCON, gotcha... pretty soon we'll be making so much money it won't matter. ;)

I really am 2much, eh? :confused: Have a great day and thanks for the good information. I won't be partnering anytime soon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too many sex partners [ 49 Answers ]

I am not asking anyone to post how many partners they slept with that’s personal. The question is how many sex partners are too much? I personally think having more 3 sexual partners is too many. If woman told me that she has been with more than 3 people I would not date her, this of course...

Can a loan institution find an old bancruptcy [ 16 Answers ]

My personal bankruptcy fell off this month from all three credit reporters (10 years). I have waited for a long time now to apply for a large business loan. All lenders told me that anyone who has had a bankruptcy in the past would not be considered for a loan (I did not give them personal...

Five sex partners! [ 31 Answers ]

I'm a 20 yr old female whose had 5 sex partners in the last one and a half yrs never at the same time though... I don't practice promiscuity but it's just that every time I find a guy I think I can settle down wit an things get sexual after awhile there's always sumting an the relationship doesn't...

Bancruptcy law [ 3 Answers ]

If I filed bancruptcy and was discharged, would I still have to pay back the creditors once I get a good paying job?

View more questions Search