Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

Nov 1, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Is there a way to set a timer or alarm to automatically shut down a computer?
    Hi Everyone!

I want to know is there a way to set a timer or alarm to automatically shut down a computer?

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2008, 12:15 AM

Hi, Sunnywootxp!

Yes, there are ways that you can set a computer to shut down certain functions at certain times, but it would be helpful for those that do come along to address your question to know what kind of computer it is that you have and also what your operating system is.

Thanks!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 12:28 AM
    As mentioned, what OS

This may help, I have never tried it, but is free

Manage PC Shutdown 1.00

Manage PC Shut Down is a utility that help you to manage shutdown, log off, reboot, lock, power off, hibernate, disconnect from the Internet/network, or go into standby mode in Windows, both manually and automatically. It can be used and distributed for free.

Manage PC Shutdown
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

Nov 2, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    as mentioned, what OS

this may help, I have never tried it, but is free

Manage PC Shutdown 1.00

Manage PC Shut Down is a utility that help you to manage shutdown, log off, reboot, lock, power off, hibernate, disconnect from the Internet/network, or go into standby mode in Windows, both manually and automatically. It can be used and distributed for free.

Manage PC Shutdown
    I have cracked version of window xp pro, thanks for the manage PC shutdown I am going to try it now.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 09:41 AM

Should work out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer automatically restarts randomly. [ 13 Answers ]

Computer specs Compaq Presario Xp SP3 AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor Nvidia GeForce graphic card. Speedfan temps are: Temp 1 : 86 F Temp 2 : 98 F

Upon startup, my computer keeps rebooting itself automatically [ 1 Answers ]

Upon startup, my conputer keeps rebooting itself automatically. Can't get past this. Help!

Furnace does not shut off automatically [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm #FEH-015HA furnace in my mobile home. The furnace seems to be producing ample amount of heat but when it reaches the desired temperature, it does not shut off. I thought it was a thermostat problem so I replaced that but it still does not shut off. The only way I can get it to...

Old AC Delco gas furnace blower won't shut off automatically [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to troubleshoot my 43 year old (yes, really) AC Delco natural gas furnace. It is a huge furnace in a closet in my hall bathroom. I had the thermocouple replaced last December. The new problem is that now, when the temperature reading reaches the set point of the thermostat, the gas...

View more questions Search