Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2008, 11:42 AM
    I cannot get anyone to fall for me.
    I have this one big problem. Iīm kind of nerdy, and I cannot get a decent girl... Itīs really hard, they always send me to hell saying that Iīm not cool enough. It might be about how I look. I donīt wear glasses, but I am embarrassed to wear hiphop stuff. So I wear shirts with ties, occasionaly POLO shirts...

Will someone help me? Iīm getting kind of desprate and depressed. :(
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Nov 1, 2008, 11:55 AM

Well the first thing I would ask is, how old are you? My answer would be in part dependent on your answer.

Nov 1, 2008, 12:12 PM

Well, Im almost seventeen...

Nov 1, 2008, 12:15 PM

Seventeen in two months.
    irene94 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Well it depends your age and your race if your white and wearing hip hop stuff then it will seem like if you're a poser and you have too know how to dress the frist thing a girl looks at is how you look and your personality make her laugh be nice don't try to be who your not be confident in yourself get to know the girl before you ask her out you have to make her intrested in you don't seem desperete :cool:

Nov 1, 2008, 12:35 PM

Well, over the years I learned how to hide my feelings. I am the type of person who gets bullied, so showing feelings is bad in my case.

When I try to approach someone, I get a black eye - bullies are protective of girls.

I am the nerdy-freaky-cold type and it is extremely hard for me to say something funny.

HELP, please somebody HELP
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 12:42 PM

Are you a good listener? Girls love to talk and love to have a boyfriend who is a good listener.

Do you ever see a shy, sad-looking girl hanging about? If so, did you ever say hi to her and ask her a question to get her talking?

Nov 1, 2008, 12:49 PM

OK...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 12:58 PM

And that means...

Nov 1, 2008, 01:03 PM
    There is this girl I like and I do communicate with her. I am afraid she will "screw me to hell" if I dare to express my feelings. I do not know how to approach a person: my family life is screwed, mother left my dad "because of me"... It is hard to do anything without thinking of the her. She just tried to "screw me". She hated me. Now I simply loathe her, havenīt seen her in two years. Golf cures me but still it is hard... You think this might cause my problems with communication? Should I stop being me and try to forget my past and stop overdressing and be someone else? If I do so, will school still be manageble? Jeez. Sorry for blasphemy... What the HECK should I do?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 01:10 PM

I think you should relax.

Stop making this all about you and your personal history, and start looking at the other person as someone who will enrich your life. You don't have to express your feelings right off the bat. All you have to do is be pleasant and nice and a good listener and ask open-ended questions, like, "What did you think about that Chem test?" or "What kind of foods do you know how to cook?"

You're not looking to get married by Christmas, nor are you turning a friendship into a love affair. You are making friends. That's all.

So, waddya think?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 01:10 PM

Think of one of the most famous nerds, Bill Gates. He is not particurally handsome in anybodies book, and then look at his wife. People gravitate to a personality not just what they see on the surface. You are still young, don't let it worry you too much. When you look back in ten years at the "popular" ones and see how their lives have turned out compared to what you are capable of making for yourself you will laugh. Be happy that you are smart enough to get a top notch education. The rest will come.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Nov 1, 2008, 01:11 PM

Slow down dude!

First off, don't be wearing hip-hop stuff cause you think that's cool. Not all girls like that look. The shirt and tie thing is fine depending on how your wearing it, although at 17 I'd lose the tie.

Your dress is secondary to your confidence and socializing skills. If a girl likes you your clothes will probably not send her running (probably). Get away from thinking abouthow bad your past is and how allthe girls don't like you and focus on your good points, strong points.

There is someone for everyone, believe that. You'll do fine.

Nov 1, 2008, 01:17 PM

Well, I gues that could work... Why should the tie go? I like my neckties... And is being nerdy a bad thing??
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Nov 1, 2008, 01:21 PM

Whoa, didn't know it was a neck tieboss. Ditch it!

Being nerdy is not a bad thing at all, it's a fashion just like any other. However, if your purposly dressingthis way than you have to be prepared for the stereotypes associated with it. Girls mixed with nerds in high school has kind of been likened to oil and water.

Seriously, if youlike your ties andlike the look of nerdiness than I say stick with it man. Do, dress, act the way you like, let the pieces fall where they may.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 01:22 PM

Keep the tie. Make sure the tie goes with the rest of the clothes and is clean and neat. Make sure the shirt is clean and ironed. You sound like a prize.

Nov 1, 2008, 01:26 PM

And it is hard getting past the bullies... Right now, both of my eyes are black, my thumb is broken and my eyebrows are shaved off.

Nov 1, 2008, 01:29 PM

But I always keep neat and tidy...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 01:30 PM

Why are you bullied?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 01:34 PM

This is on this board too... hmmmmmmmm --

"He is philosophical, godly, and what have you... how embarrassing, lol. Welp, he's got the most amazing mind, he's not self-conscious, he's intellectually nerdy, yet social, he's not cute... he doesn't even notice me!! He's the first guy I've really ever liked. I'm not necessarily dumb, but compared to him I am. he probably has a 4.9 (not even kidding), and I a measly 3.1. Do you think he'd ever like/notice me? how do i get him to do that w/out looking desperate?? (& i get really shy around him)"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big fall out [ 1 Answers ]

On Friday night I fell out with my boyfriend. He had done something wrong, so I shouted at him all via text message. I was so mad, as I had had the funeral on my much loved aunty the same day and I absolutely lost it with him. I called him allsort such as a selfish idiot. This is all because I had...

Can't fall pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I've been trying to fall pregnant for over a year now and I'm battling I've been off the pill for more then a year, I started on the pill when I was 16 though I am now 24. I have regular periods like clock work and have tested when I ovulate which is regular every month. Please help ...

Trying to fall pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to fall pregnant for the past 7 months and nothing is happening, my partner and I have been at it regually and still get my period every passsing month.:confused:... can anyone give me any advice to help

Not sure what Law this would fall under. Ie fraud/ SOL [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the statute of limitations on fraud in the Province of Alberta. The short of it was a vehicle was bought Jointly between myself and my wife at the time. This was in Mar. Of 99. We split 1 month after the purchase of said vehicle In the divorce I received the vehicle...

I don't want to fall for less [ 3 Answers ]

I want to learn how to write "you have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything" In sanskrit... please help :) Thank you

View more questions Search