Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2008, 03:05 PM

What do you think about the whole "Spread the wealth around" and "Plumber Joe" thing? I think its getting too old... He should have come up with something new. And get Schwarzenegger to speak for him? Ha-ha...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 03:06 PM

Yeah, I guess its kind of patriotic
    Then what was your point?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dave146 View Post
    What do you think about the whole "Spread the wealth around" and "Plumber Joe" thing? I think its getting too old... He should have come up with something new. And get Schwarzenegger to speak for him? ha-ha...
    McCain is "he"?

Nov 1, 2008, 03:18 PM

Yeah.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 03:28 PM

Throughout this campaign, the media have jumped on every word said and have turned some into sound bites while taking them out of context. McCain could have made a huge difference in how his campaign was run had he stayed on the issues instead of engaging in mudslinging in negative ads.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Nov 1, 2008, 03:47 PM

Back to topic...

I think you should try to work on your social skills a bit more. Try to communicate better, and even try to make more friends.

It sounds like bullies have gone way too far with what they do. If you have black eyes, and broken bones, I think you seriously need to get someone who can help you. The authorities, anybody.

As for you clothing...
    If what you wear is "you" then stay with it. Just remember that stereotypes exist, as much as we may hate it, they do.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsg View Post
    Back to topic...
    We WERE on topic, working on social skills.

Nov 1, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    We WERE on topic, working on social skills.
    Okay...
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything.
    I just wanted a sort of 'segway' to introduce what I was saying. It was just a way of referring to the orignal post.

Again, sorry
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsg View Post
    Okay...
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything.
    I just wanted a sort of 'segway' to introduce what I was saying. It was just a way of referring to the orignal post.

Again, sorry
    I just didn't want you to think it had turned into a political post. He started blasting Palin and throwing out insults and then came around to being able to actually discuss a topic. I hope he would do that in real life, to discuss instead of slam.

segway = motorized two-wheeled vehicle
    segue (pronounced like segway) = verbal bridge

Nov 1, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I just didn't want you to think it had turned into a political post. He started out blasting Palin and throwing out insults and then came around to being able to actually discuss a topic. I hope he would do that in real life, to discuss instead of slam.

segway = motorized two-wheeled vehicle
    segue (pronounced like segway) = verbal bridge
    That is a really good strategy, and backs up why you are an expert on this forum :).
    It really is impressive. Looks like the OP has already made a lot of progress in his social skills.

And thank you for the spelling correction. Never knew that...
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Never mind

Nov 2, 2008, 11:09 AM

Today I met her at the mall. I said hi and we talked for a few minutes... was that the right way to act?

I got some make-up to cover up my black eyes, so now I look "like a prize" Also, I got more of these POLO shirts. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 11:36 AM

Were you a good listener? Did you make good eye contact? Did you smile charmingly? Sounds good!

Nov 2, 2008, 11:58 AM

Oh yeah, I listened good and made eye contact... I do not know if I smiled but probably did... I know that she smiled... So I probably must did too... Is there a way to tell?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Is there a way to tell?
    If she talks to you again and seems happy to do so, you must have smiled.

Nov 2, 2008, 12:28 PM

Whew... GOOD. It is good, right?
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Nov 2, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Oh yeah, I listened good and made eye contact... I do not know if I smiled but probably did... I know that she smiled... So I probably must did too... Is there a way to tell?
    You know the key is to believe in yourself and love yourself, that way you won't fear rejection and you will have the confidence and the directness to go after what you want, and if you don't get it first try you will either have the persistence to continue to pursue it or move on without damaging your self-esteem because you are good with yourself.

There are plenty of girls out there who would simple love for a guy to show them attention, to like them and love them. My advice is simply to be direct, and if they don't accept your overtures then move on, if you believe in yourself that you are the prize and you will simply find someone who finally sees you as that, and you her.

The more you believe in yourself and the more confidence (not cockiness) you exude, the more attractive you will seem, and it won't matter what you wear. Women/girls love confidence in a man, they find it attractive and sexy more than anything you might wear. Women aren't as shallow as men, so stop judging yourself like a guy might judge a girl.

Be kind and confident, work on yourself and there will be little or no effort in getting girls no matter what you are wearing, you will attract girls like a magnet.

Good luck to you.
    insomniaticmeat Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2008, 12:35 PM

Well what I've found with girls is every girl loves a guy that m,akes her feel good, if you like this girl talk to her, your family life isn't important in this issue (not dismmising it) be yourslef play to your strengths, its hard but girls really aren't as obsessed with appearance as we think, if you make a girl feel good be it through help or juts a friend when she needs it, she will fall for you:)

Nov 2, 2008, 01:47 PM

They ought to find out about my rotten family sooner or later... they could think it influences me, they could think I'm like my mother... could they?
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Nov 2, 2008, 01:51 PM
    they ought to find out about my rotten family sooner or later... they could think it influences me, they could think im like my mother... could they?
    I had shame growing up, my mother was an Alcoholic. However, most girls don't care about the family so long as you treat them right, as long as their emotional needs are being met; your family won't matter that much.

More than anything, it's your judgement or feelings about your family that will block you; it's you, not her that will have to get over your family thing. The girl will
    Like you for you, not your family. Ask yourself, if you found a girl and you hit it off, if her family was screwed up, would it matter to you that much, probably not, and the same goes for a girl.

So get out of the way of yourself. Your family shouldn't define your own self-worth, you need to grow you own positive self-image independent of your family. Difficult I know because as children our family is what help defines us, but now that you are becoming an adult it's time to create an independent view of yourself, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Big fall out [ 1 Answers ]

On Friday night I fell out with my boyfriend. He had done something wrong, so I shouted at him all via text message. I was so mad, as I had had the funeral on my much loved aunty the same day and I absolutely lost it with him. I called him allsort such as a selfish idiot. This is all because I had...

Can't fall pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I've been trying to fall pregnant for over a year now and I'm battling I've been off the pill for more then a year, I started on the pill when I was 16 though I am now 24. I have regular periods like clock work and have tested when I ovulate which is regular every month. Please help ...

Trying to fall pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to fall pregnant for the past 7 months and nothing is happening, my partner and I have been at it regually and still get my period every passsing month.:confused:... can anyone give me any advice to help

Not sure what Law this would fall under. Ie fraud/ SOL [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the statute of limitations on fraud in the Province of Alberta. The short of it was a vehicle was bought Jointly between myself and my wife at the time. This was in Mar. Of 99. We split 1 month after the purchase of said vehicle In the divorce I received the vehicle...

I don't want to fall for less [ 3 Answers ]

I want to learn how to write "you have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything" In sanskrit... please help :) Thank you

View more questions Search