Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mackera1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Yeast Allergy
    I have an allergy to yeast which rules our all beers and wine. However I have heard that are certain brands of champagne / wine that has no yeast or yeast extracts. Can anyone help me on this one
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 04:59 PM

Sorry, you have been misinformed because champagne or good wine cannogt be made without a quantity of sugar solution and yeast called the 'liqueur de tirage' sealed in the bottle.

I guess some non alcoholic brands are not made this way.
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Nov 16, 2008, 06:07 PM
    It is not possible to eliminate the yeast or yeast extract and still manufacture a wine or champagne that contains alcohol. Alcohol is the byproduct of sugar and yeast. If a beverage contains alcohol, in any amount, it also contains yeast. Even some so called non-alcohol beers contain a small amount of alcohol, thus containing yeast.

Also, drinking wine or liquor seems to aggravate a yeast allergy far more quickly and at a more intense level than beer. I’m not certain why that is, but it is best to avoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergy or not [ 28 Answers ]

Hello: Ok, I'm going to stump you. I've got an allergy - maybe... I break out in hives. This first happened about 30 years ago. I went to the doctor. He started testing me for allergies. You know, he stuck about 50 different things in me and waited to find out which ones I reacted to. ...

Food Allergy? [ 2 Answers ]

My son has developed an allergy where he breaks out in hives all over his body and at times has had swollen lips. We think it is food related but cannot say for sure what food. He is on medication, not sure what the name of the med. Is, but it is effective. We would like to find out what is causing...

Cat allergy [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest what I could take to cure or ease my symptoms from being allergic to my cat

Do I have allergy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I normally do not have smelly sweat, but these days I feel my sweat smells under one are, and I have red itchy bumps all over, I scratch them and they leave marks all over , do I have allergy ? I have never had any kind of allergy all my life.

View more questions Search