Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2006, 04:00 PM
    Juicer recipes
    Anyone have any good juicer recipes? My parents just bought me a Breville Juice Fountain and I'd like to try it out, but I don't want to make anything gross! Thanks! :D
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 10, 2006, 04:18 PM
    Apples and carrots always make a great foundation, then add whatever you are in the mood for. More fruit for the sweet drinks and more veggies for the savory. You can blend with milk, or imitation dairy products in your case Chava, and end up with a smoothie too!

PS - NO apples seeds though, something about arsenic, if I recall?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Arsenic yes, but has to be in MAJOR amounts to cause any disturbance.

By major, I mean 1000 at least a few will make no difference in the world.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2006, 01:33 AM
    I go mad with my juicer. Juice everything that don't run away. I grow a huge garden so I juice spinich leaves, carrots, onions, apples, cabbage, turnips, radish. You name it, I juice it. It may not always taste sweet but it is always so good for you. One year, I drank so much carrot juice that I turned orange, orange! Just experiment and add apples to sweaten if you don't like the flavor. I add some of the left over fiber to spaggitti sauce and soups. Also, some of the colors you end up with do not look good. Just shut your eyes, hold your nose and gulp it down. Be careful though, until your body gets used to it, most people get the cronicdipoodles and the lumpuckaroo!:eek:
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 11, 2006, 08:36 AM
    oranges bananas pineapple and a carrot for what I like to call making the wife happy
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2006, 10:47 AM
    Thanks guys! All your answers were great, and I'm going to try all the combinations suggested. Adding the pulp to sauce and soups is a great idea, magprob. I'm also glad to know that apple seeds are only toxic in very large quantities, because weird kid that I was, I used to eat them on purpose all the time. Grape seeds, too.

Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    Apples and carrots always make a great foundation, then add whatever you are in the mood for.
    Val, do you add a bit of lemon juice to the apples, so they don't turn brown? Or does the brown colour not bother you? I don't think I care one way or another, but my mom told me not to use apples because of the gross colour. She's not as daring as me, though!

Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Be careful though, until your body gets used to it, most people get the cronicdipoodles and the lumpuckaroo!
    LMAO! Yeah I'll be careful not to drink too much at once. Although last night it was VERY tempting. I can see where this is going to be a major addiction for me!!

Demonspeeding your recipe sounds especially good, too. I didn't know I could put a banana in the juicer... bananas aren't mentioned in the veggie and fruit chart that came with the juicer. I imagine it wouldn't hurt, though!

Yesterday I tried 2 different drinks... one was cantalope, mango and pineapple (very yummy!), and then after supper for a snack I had one with carrots, radishes and red pepper. I didn't realize carrot juice was so sweet! It tastes wonderful!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 11, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Yeah, that's why I suggested carrots, good huh?
    But I am still trying to figure out what is cronicdipoodles and the lumpuckaroo? :confused:

If its really gross, we can skip it too, okay? :eek:

I have not recovered sufficiently from the smoking thread - (shivers)
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 11, 2006, 01:25 PM
    It means it will clean your system out in a hurry.
    LaAranyita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 11:44 AM
    I always love a good 'cleaning', if you have any good juice recipes for that let me know!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kids recipes for the microwave [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find recipes for kids to use in the microwave. Maybe for the ages around ten. I would love it if anyone could tell me a recipe or tell me a site where i can find some. Thanks for the help. :D

Anyone know any cute/fun Recipes for Kids [ 2 Answers ]

:) :) Hey all I was wondering if you know any fun Recipes for Kids,, (Websites will work too) Thanks

Looking for cabbage recipes. [ 6 Answers ]

It's fall and we have an abundance of cabbage, but not a surplus of recipes. Would appreciate any family favorites that you might have. Especially from ancestors. We already make stuffed cabbage and pierogies. Anyone have something special that they would care to share? Thanks. Dave.

Veggie recipes [ 4 Answers ]

I've never liked most vegetables but I'm working hard to include more in my diet. I'm looking for veggie recipes that even a certified vegephobe like myself might like. Does anyone have a fabulous vegetable recipe to share? I'd also love to find some vegetable recipes that call for only 4 or 5...

View more questions Search