Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wasiq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Networking between windows xp and vista
    Hi I have 2 computers 1 has xp and other vista and both connected to internet through a wireless router. I want to create file sharing between them but in xp it's a bit difficult. I try to ping the other computer but it does not ping. Have created like a small network to communicate them with each other but it doesn't works. What should I do ?
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Nov 5, 2008, 12:42 AM

Is that router DHCP enabled. If you can try to make the two into a workgroup & enable file & printer sharing in XP ! & simply make one default gateway of the other,carefully mind your internet settings!
    garlicka Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Also make sure that if you are using XP SP2 that your Firewall is not blocking it and that you are on the same workgroup

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP and Vista networking [ 2 Answers ]

I have a laptop running Vista Home Premium and a desktop running XP Pro. The desktop can access the laptop but the laptop cannot access the desktop. Is this because the machines are running different OSs? Is there any solution or work-round? Thanks for your help in advance.

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

Can a windows xp virus effect windows vista? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My pendrive was infected by a virus called "jambanmu" which is either a malaysian or Indonesian virus. If I put my pendrive into a windows xp computer the virus will stop the computer from using few stuff. As for my pendrive the virus doesn't allow me to reformat it. If I use a windows vista...

Networking between windows and mac [ 4 Answers ]

I have a computer running Windows XP and a new apple laptop which is Mac. How do I share a printer on this network? The printer is attached to the Windows computer.

View more questions Search