Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryjaramillo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Sewer Gas
    I have recently purchased a new condominium on Biscayne Boulevard in Miami, Florida.
    We closed on the unit June 24,2008. Since the day of the closing we have been preparing the apartment with paint and flooring and have noticed at times a mild to moderate foul odor in the common hallway. The management office at the condominium have sent housekeeping at least three times, however the smell always returns. We are now finally getting ready to move in, however just yesterday we were in the unit and the odor was very strong. Again I complained to the management office. This time I was told to turn on the water in all the bathrooms, sinks, and showers. I was told that not turning on the water for so many days could create such an odor. They also stated if the odor does not go away, then it may be a sewer gas leak. My question: Is sewer gas toxic and what harm can it cause to human beings.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Nov 5, 2008, 04:30 PM

If you still have the smell after you ran all the waters , then your( building) sewage vent is broken somewhere, normally your building paid for such repair. YES it IS TOXIC, repair it as soon as posible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All my toilets smell like a sewer! Sewer backed up? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a problem and was hoping for some guidance... lately all of my toilets have been smelling really bad. We have 3 toilets in the house, 2 full baths on the upper level, and a powder room on the main. The main bath on the upper level is the worse of the 3. It doesn't get...

Sewer Smell after Sewer Hookup [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: Following hookup to the new sewer line (previously had septic system), my downstairs bathroom has a noxious sewer smell. I believe there is a faint smell upstairs too. The sewer line has an electric pump with an alarm. I called the installers and they said they did everything correctly and...

Sewer gas - did I hook up to main sewer line correctly? [ 3 Answers ]

Moved a mobile home in and ran the sewer line to the main line - on some days I smell sewer gas, and I think it's coming from the vents on the house! - I want to know if I should o had put a "P" trap or something in line before hooking up to main sewer line? I have seen other places saying to...

Sewer gas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with the smell of sewer gas smell coming after we take a shower or a bath, that is the only time it happens. We have a drain in the basement that we plugged because it never gets used and there is water in the trap. Where could it be coming from and why?

View more questions Search