Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamhamrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2006, 03:09 PM
    3 wire celing fan switch
    I have just bought a 3 wire celing fan switch and I can't figure out how to wire it. It is a 3 speed fan and it has what appears to be a transformer with blue and black wires going from the old switch to the transformer. One black wire is coming out of the transformer to the plug. The new switch has a red, brown and black... can someone help?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Are the switches marked "L, 1 2" where the wires go? You just match that up. Both your switches should have 3 wires but you only mentioned two wire colors on the old switch.

What make/model is the fan?

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...and-repair.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3-speed fan control switch wire connection [ 23 Answers ]

Inside housing case are two boxes. One box has #1,2,3,and letter L. The other box has 1 red wire glued in silicone. There are two cords running into housing case. A gray cord coming from fan's motor with 5 wires: White,yellow,blue,gray,green w/white stripe. A black cord (two prong plug) with...

Celing fan pull switch [ 8 Answers ]

I have a stacked switch that will hold 8 wires there were 2 black 1 grey 1green and 1 purple. Some one replaced it and got it wired wrong the fan stayed on low and the switch would not effect it. I took and old single layer switch from another fan touched the black to each wire to find the speeds...

Harbor Breeze Fan switch 5-8 wire [ 15 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a Harbor Breeze Fan switch 5-8 wire. My problem is there are red, purple,pink, yellow, brown, white, black wires where do I connect them into the switch? HELP

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan 4 wire switch [ 1 Answers ]

The pull cord for our fan broke.. when I took the switch apart to replace it.. the four wires (black, grey, brown, and purple) popped out before I could make note of were they were supposed to go... the model number of the fan is... FI52BNK5LK... please help. Thanks a ton

3-way switch with 2-wire cable [ 4 Answers ]

We just bought a new house, and after painting, I've been replacing all the outlets and switches. As I was replacing a couple of 3-way switches, I saw that the previous owners used just 2-wire cable between the 3-way switches, using the bare ground as the traveller wire. This is obviously not...

View more questions Search