Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2638Charger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 04:56 AM
    Upload DVD To Hard Drive
    This is my first post. Do I need a program to upload a DVD to my hard drive? I have the Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 program for WIN XP that I had on my old PC, but now I have a new computer using WIN VISTA. Will the older XP version work on my new computer? My intention is to upload the DVD to You Tube.
    Many thanks, Richard
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 03:55 PM

What type of dvd?

Are you trying to copy a movie to your hard drive?

When using roxio in vista, does it come up with error or why does it not work?

In vista, you should right click on roxio and choose run as admin to see if that would help out or make difference - these types of apps should be run as admin

What kind of file are you looking to get? Avi, wmv etc..
    2638Charger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 08:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    what type of dvd?
    I'm using DVD-R
    are you trying to copy a movie to your hard drive?
    Yes, a DVD movie I took with my own DVD camera
    when using roxio in vista, does it come up with error or why does it not work?
    No error, I just am not real computer literate
    in vista, you should right click on roxio and choose run as admin to see if that would help out or make difference - these types of apps should be run as admin
    OK
    what kind of file are you looking to get? avi, wmv etc..
    I guess wmv? All I want to do is be able to upload my DVD to You Tube and also to burn a regular size DVD disc
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 08:59 PM

Here is a free one that can convert to DVD - the homepage to download is at bottom of screen

Free DVD Creator 2.0
    Free DVD Creator by MiniDVDSoft Limited. - Review and download

And you can use the same program above, Free DVD Creator 2.0 to convert your wmv to avi also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Is this cd/dvd drive and hard drive compatible with this motherboard? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I want to know if these parts are compatible... Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners Newegg.com - Western Digital...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search