Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Refomat cf cards between cameras?
    If I move a cf card from one digital camera to another, is it necessary to reformat it first?

(I meant reformat!)
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Nov 1, 2008, 10:41 AM

It is not always necessary, but it's a good idea. I move CF cards between Canon DSLRs without reformatting without any problems, but if I were to use the card on a different type of camera (such as a Nikon), I'd reformat it to help ensure that there aren't any file system problems that might lead to corrupted or lost photos!
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 11:08 AM

Thanks! I moved a card from a Canon 10D to a Canon Rebel Xti, had some problems--with corrupt and lost photos-- and someone suggested that it was because I had not reformatted. I wanted to get a second opinion.

I am just learning to take semi decent photos and appreciate your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability of getting an ace from 50 cards if 2 cards are randomly removed from 52 [ 6 Answers ]

From a pack of 52 cards 2 cards are randomly removed. Then what is the probability of getting an ace from remaining 50 cards?

Reboot or refomat how do I do it [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: OK my computer has a lot of viruses I was told that I needed to rebooot or reformat my computer how do I start!!

Lenses and cameras [ 1 Answers ]

How do you know if the lenses you have will fit a camera you want to buy. I have a 35mm Canon Rebel Ti and lenses 35-80mm and a 80-200mm I am interested in investing in a Canon Rebel XTi digital camera, but want to keep my lenses... how can you tell if the lenses I have will fit the Rebel...

Do speed cameras get you from behind? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, I was driving and I was going about 63 at the if that and this light shined above me in front of me for about 3 seconds and then it stopped and didn't go through any red light. I was told that speed cameras only get you from behind, is this true or utter bull?

Types of Cameras [ 4 Answers ]

What is a good but inexpensive camera that you have heard of or bought? I've been really interested in photography for a few years and want it to become my proffession when I'm older, but I don't have much experience as I only have a digital camera that doesn't have very good quality or zoom. Any...

View more questions Search