Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    visolarpower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Alternator mount broken (cast Iron)
    Hi the alternator mount on my 1991 GMC Jimmy S15 4.3 liter V6 has broken clean just below the bolt the olds it to the mount.

Someone told me there is a "Metal epoxy" that will fix this but is unsure of the name of the product.

Doesn't sound right to me but any ideas.

Thanks mate...
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Oct 31, 2008, 10:42 PM

What I know; With any bonding agent surface preparation is critical... I wouldn't recommend it for this application. Perhaps the broken part may be used as a pattern to cut a replacement from suitable plate steel. Be sure to use files or a grinder to "break" the sharp edges left from the torch... Good luck...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe [ 6 Answers ]

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe

Cast iron vertical from cast iron horizontal can be pvc? [ 2 Answers ]

A leak developed in the main cast iron vertical stack of pipes leading to the horizontal main drain. Unfortunately, for me, the leak was so close to the ground that I had to break the concrete slab of the house. At that point, it just made sense to dig an extra 4 inches or so and remove the bad...

3.5" Cast Iron Vent Collar Broken What to Do? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello Im in the middle of a bathroom remodel and I found the collar on the 3.5 in main drain that the Vent pipe threads into has broken off. I have no idea how I should fix this. The 3.5 in cast iron drain comes through the floor to a “T” 1.5 in PVC for the sink branches to the left and...

Cast iron to pvc [ 1 Answers ]

Can I switch from cast iron waste, vent pipe to pvc? I just moved to North New Jersey and am not sure of the codes there.

Cast Iron to PVC [ 5 Answers ]

We would like to put an offer on a house built in the 50's. It has cast iron plumbing and we possibly would like to change that to PVC throughout the house before remodeling. It is on a slab and a brick home. It is 2600 sq.ft. with 3 bathrooms. Is there anyway I can get a rough estimate on what...

View more questions Search