Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jack rader Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Removing cleanout plug
    How do you remove a cleanout plug when the nub for where you put the wrench on has been rounded off?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 08:11 PM

To remove a stuck plastic drain cleanout plug use a sharp chisel and a ball peen hammer, break up the drain cleanout plug using the hammer and chisel. Be careful to not hit the surrounding pipe and stop to remove pieces of the drain cleanout cover as they are broken. It is important to remove all of the pieces of the broken plug before attempting to install new cover, good Luck.

John
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 31, 2008, 11:36 PM

Is it plastic or metal ?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 1, 2008, 04:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jack rader View Post
    how do you remove a cleanout plug when the nub for where you put the wrench on has been rounded off?
    John had the correct answer for both metal and plastic clean out covers, (see image) Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain washing machine through a cleanout plug. [ 14 Answers ]

Want to discharge my washing machine through the opening of cleanout plug of cast iron vertical soil pipe at my basement. Size of plug is 2"7/8. Please show me how to adapt the PVC pipe(2'' pipe) to the cast iron soil pipe. Thanks

12-3 wiring from gfi plug to outlet to plug in a 110v pool pump [ 5 Answers ]

Need to verify proper wiring for above 110v pool pump.

Removing wire terminals from Honda plug [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm replacing the ignition switch on my cousins 1999 accord and the new one came with the component missing that secures to the side of the lock cylinder. No problem as I though I would just remove the big black and white wire from the new plug and put it in the old plug that has the...

Oddball cleanout plug size - need replacement [ 1 Answers ]

~ 4" cast iron pipe rises to 1st and 2nd floor bathrooms Pipe drops to basement floor into a cast-iron double-hub with a cleanout cast and threaded right in the hub casting next to the hub that holds the stack. It is not a threaded nipple caulked and leaded into the hub. Problem is the...

View more questions Search