Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 10:19 AM

Yeaitsme, I wonder how your kids will be turn out with all the hate and anger you've. How many skeltons do you have in your closets.

Also, if you do some reserch you would find that kids who was raise in a same sex married live a healthy balance life.
    missingpieces Posts: 70, Reputation: 6

Dec 1, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Yeaitsme, I wonder how your kids will be turn out with all the hate and anger you've. How many skeltons do you have in your closets.

Also, if you do some reserch you would find that kids who was raise in a same sex married live a healthy balance life.
    I agree and seriously hope that people like Yeaitsme do NOT have children to pass down their anger and prejudices to. It seems like the children who are taught these hateful and close-minded ways of life turn out to be skinheads and criminals and other horrible things and do awful things to other people. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM CHILDREN! And people in general if you continue to spout off hateful words.

I consider the children of gay parents, people who generally are more open-minded, to be lucky.
    uvware Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Dec 1, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    1 John 4:20-21
    If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
    I personally have a different opinion on your opinion, since this is an open forum I thought I would state mine too.

I think as a Christian, you choose to live a certain way. You choose to live by God's laws and life guidelines. I totally agree with you that you need to Love your brother and I abhore Christians who persecute homosexuality and judge them... who are they to judge?

But I do believe that I also have a right to choose to protect what I believe is right. Granted, it's my choice, my opinion but I still have a right to it. Just like people who believe that gay marriage has a right.

If someone truly loves God, then they would want to follow Him, in every way. The bible (and most Christians believe that the Bible is God's word) strictly talks against homosexuality and defines it as a sin. And I'm not just pointing out homosexuality there are many other sins too: cheating on wives, covetting other people's things, lying, deciet, etc. I believe a sin is a sin.

So yes, you talk about Christians loving their brother, I agree with you. We should not judge, but we has Christians are also called to protect our beliefs as well. I find that so many people want me to be open minded, but no one wants to be open minded to my beliefs, especially if they are Christian.

Open mindedness goes both ways.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering401K View Post
    MARRIAGE: Between a man and woman. Always has been.
    ALWAYS? Didn't Jacob marry both Leah AND Rachel? Isn't that a man and a woman and a woman?

MATHEMATICS: 2 + 2 = 4. Always has been.
    LOL Two Plus Two Equals Four, But Not Always

Depending on the measurement scale you're using, 2+2 does NOT always = 4. I actually remember being shown how to prove that 2+2 does NOT equal 4.

SCIENCE: Gravity is real and makes apples hit the ground. Always has been.
    Actually, I just read a really interesting philosophy book about just that idea. Did gravity REALLY exist before it was defined? And in any case, a LOT of things can affect gravity and prevent the apple from hitting the ground. A vacuum, for one thing. Magnetism, for another--I mean, what if the apple was bronze, and the magnet was opposite the gravitational force? Which way would the apple go then?

The above is not to say that "gay marriage" is just like mathematics and science. It simply states facts.

The flawed logic of people to try to make everything seem "right" just because they want to promote their "flawed" position is typical of desperate people... or to take factual statements and think that just because they are mentioned in the same post...
    The flaw here, as far as I'm concerned, is that people KNEW the earth was flat, and the sun revolved around it, for THOUSANDS of years. It was a FACT.

People ALSO knew that a brick would fall faster than a feather, every time.

Please--facts change with knowledge. Just because it's a fact today doesn't mean it will be tomorrow.

And just because a word is defined in one way today does not mean it will be defined that way tomorrow. Look in the OED under the word "Ball", for example, or the word "nunnery". Or if that's too much work for you, think of how the definition of the word "mouse" has changed and expanded in just the last 30 years.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 07:18 PM

OED being the Oxford English Dictionary.
    yeaitsme Posts: 6, Reputation: -8

Dec 2, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Well asking I believe your wrong on so many accounts I'm not sure where to begin. First off I am a new user and have never been on this site until recently. Second homosexuality harms children horribly. Convincing you of that I'm sure would be an impossible task. Of course abuse to children happens to often and isn't limited to homosexual households. That is a whole entirely different subject. The question I answered was my thought on the homosexual marriage ban that was voted on and overturned by the majoriety of voters in California and I was applauding them on their efforts to stop the abuse that's being done to the children trapped in that particular environment.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 03:25 PM

Please quote sources for your allegations that children suffer MORE in a homosexual environment than in a heterosexual environment.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 03:30 PM

Please explain how come children that lives in a same sex household being abuse and have horrible childhoods?

What study has proven this because the one I saw says the opposite yesitme. Again that is just a twisted view of yours whether then a fact but prove me wrong.
    yeaitsme Posts: 6, Reputation: -8

Dec 2, 2008, 03:41 PM

To try and explain common sense is a difficult thing to those without. And as far as the comment that my intolerance scares altenweg, your tolerance of it is the problem.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yeaitsme View Post
    To try and explain common sense is a difficult thing to those without. And as far as the comment that my intolerance scares altenweg, your tolerance of it is the problem.
    What you stated isn't common sense and not even an opinon but your trying to say it is a fact which is wrong. Maybe your lacking common sense and I can see that why everything that you write.

Everyone would like to know how are children being trapped into an abusive household because they live in a same sex household. Studies have been done about this topic and it proves the opposite of what your saying.

I think your dislike for same sex couples have clouded your mind. I wonder what you would do if you had a child that was gay, most likely disown them. How sad!

If you want to come off as at least being half intelligent states some facts that support what your writing.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 04:05 PM

I would think that children in a household with two parents, but with one parent despising them because they are not their "natural" child but a step child would be worse than parents of the same sex.

I would ALSO think that having 2 loving parents of the same sex would be better than mommy being married 3 times and daddy being married 2 times, but with a kid by a third woman he never married.

I would ALSO think that a child raised in love regardless of the gender the love is comign from would be better than a child raised with resentment or hatred, regardless the gender of the resentment or hatred.

Funny to hear you talk about common sense, really. Common sense says that children are hurt by hate, not by love. That seems pretty basic to me. Maybe you are the one missing the definition of common sense?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 06:50 PM

You all might want to check this thread.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/issues...ce-287640.html
    kitten420 Posts: 237, Reputation: 20

Dec 2, 2008, 07:12 PM

I say let people be happy and if its with the same sex then so be it! Everyone dserves to be happy with someone they love and want to spend their life with and they should be able to share the same qualities as a married couple as well.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 05:56 PM
    What you stated isn't common sense and not even an opinon but your trying to say it is a fact which is wrong. Maybe your lacking common sense and I can see that why everything that you write.

Everyone would like to know how are children being trapped into an abusive household because they live in a same sex household. Studies have been done about this topic and it proves the opposite of what your saying.

I think your dislike for same sex couples have clouded your mind. I wonder what you would do if you had a child that was gay, most likely disown them. How sad!

If you want to come off as at least being half intelligent states some facts that support what your writing.

Would you post your source for studies concerning children trapped in abusive/same sex households? I cannot find anything similar and also find stastics, unless cited, are pretty meaningless.

As far as same sex marriages - to each his own. This is one of those emotional/quasi religious topics that gets blood boiling.
    Pets Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 09:05 PM

I think we all just have to agree to disagree. The only thing that makes me really sad is that Gay marriage isn't being banned because it's bad, but because it doesn't agree with the bible (or so people claim) and because of misguided information from haters.

It wasn't so long ago that women weren't allowed to vote, they weren't even considered people according to the law. The suffragattes fought for our right to vote, and they fought hard. Were men right, should we never have been allowed to vote? After all, we're women, the "weaker sex" we make decisions based on emotions, those were a few of their arguments against allowing women the vote. It's not all that dissimilar to Gay marriage, all the reasoning behind not allowing it is either based on hate or religious beliefs, not actual fact.

When we discriminate against groups of people we are not only hurting them but we are hurting ourselves, our children, our grandchilren. Discrimintation is discrimination, it's prejudice, hate, and I'm pretty sure that the bible isn't okay with that either!
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Would you post your source for studies concerning children trapped in abusive/same sex households? I cannot find anything similar and also find stastics, unless cited, are pretty meaningless.

As far as same sex marriages - to each his own. This is one of those emotional/quasi religious topics that gets blood boiling.
    I never said children in a same sex marriage were abused or trapped in it yeaitme said that and if you reread my post you clearly see I never stated that. So maybe you should be asking yeaitme that like I was in my post.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 10:04 PM

After reviewing the available data in 2002, the American Academy of Pediatrics endorsed second-parent adoption rights for gay couples. A resolution passed by the American Psychological Association in 2004 declared that there was "no scientific evidence that parenting effectiveness is related to parental sexual orientation: lesbian and gay parents are as likely as heterosexual parents to provide supportive and healthy environments for their children." It also noted that "the children of lesbian and gay parents are as likely as those of heterosexual parents to flourish."
    --reason.com

A theologian named Timothy Dailey is focused on the sexual abuse of children, rather than any other indicators of parenting. After mentioning abuse by priests, Dailey goes on to argue that since pedophiles are overwhelmingly male and about one-third of their victims are boys, that these boy-oriented pedophiles are, by definition, homosexuals. He also quotes a pedophile who complains that gays don't want to have anything to do with him. I guess Dailey feels that gays should welcome this pedophlle as one of their own, but most gay men are not interested in being associated with pedophiles.

Oddly, Dailey also says that studies show that pedophiles respond sexually to women the same way as heterosexual men and great numbers of them marry and have children, suggesting (to me) they are basically heterosexual. He also emphasizes that child sexual abuse is overwhelmingly done by men. Not sure what his point was. We should out law being male? He sites no studies to support his claim that gays are predisposed to molest children. I did not find his argument persuasive.

On the other hand, I was struck by his emphasizing that molestation of both boys and girls is overwhelmingly done by men. Why is it men who molest?
    Pets Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 10:34 PM

I'm opening a can of worms, watch them wiggle.

I found this on the internet.

"Prop 8 - The Musical" starring Jack Black, John C. Reilly, and many more... from FOD Team, Jack Black, Craig Robinson, John C Reilly, and Rashida Jones

Warning, Christians may be offended.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 03:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'm opening a can of worms, watch them wiggle.

I found this on the internet.

"Prop 8 - The Musical" starring Jack Black, John C. Reilly, and many more... from FOD Team, Jack Black, Craig Robinson, John C Reilly, and Rashida Jones

Warning, Christians may be offended.
    LOL! I was going to post that too! Great minds... :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 08:13 AM
    I never said children in a same sex marriage were abused or trapped in it yeaitme said that and if you reread my post you clearly see I never stated that. So maybe you should be asking yeaitme that like I was in my post.

This is the study I'm asking about: "Everyone would like to know how are children being trapped into an abusive household because they live in a same sex household. Studies have been done about this topic and it proves the opposite of what your saying."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prop 13 tax benefits [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé is hesitant to add my name to his house title because he thinks it will cause him to lose the benefits of prop 13 (we are in California). He currently pays very low taxes and wants to keep it this way. Is this true and if so, is there any way around this?

California Prop 94 to 97 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Everyone, I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I have been researching California Prop 94 to 97 for hours over the last few weeks, and have yet to come to a solid conclusion. If you're knowledgeable about this propositions, please do share the facts and your opinions. ...

Foreclosure- does who pays off own any part of prop? [ 4 Answers ]

(Please forgive me if this is a duplicate - the site said I hadn't asked any questions, and I was concerned that this one didn't make it somehow.) My brother is sole executor of my recently-deceased mother's trust. She left her house equally to both. I need money right now to bring my mortgage...

View more questions Search