Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Dog clippers
    We have a dog with long, coarse, thick hair. What is a good set of clippers that will cut her hair relatively short (1/2 inch or so) and quickly?
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 10:25 PM

What kind of dog is it? Just so you know, with some dogs, clipping or cutting the hair can change the texture of it permanently. In fact, the change can be so drastic that show dogs of certain breeds can never have certain parts of their coats clipped.

If you know that you want to do it, I don't know which dog clippers to recommend, but you can find all kinds of great sites dedicated specifically to dog grooming tools and accessories. I know I've come across quite a few. If I can remember the names of them, I'll come back to post them here for you.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 06:50 AM

She's just a mutt. The problem is that she is a long haired dog in Mississippi, a hot state, so we want to keep her trimmed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Best clippers for shaving a cat [ 1 Answers ]

I've read the posts on shaving cats and have recently tried shaving my long haired cat. I've had her shaved in the past by a groomer, but they usually have to give her a light sedative plus the cost is high. She seems to be more relaxed when I do the trimming. I got a Wahl trimmer set and find...

Dog toe nail clippers [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to sharpen these? Mine are only a few months old and haven't been used that much; However, they are dull and cracking the edges of my dogs nails instead of giving a clean cut. This is a pic of the one I have. I bought it at petsmart - I'm also wondering if it's just poor quality? ...

View more questions Search