Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hate_and_love Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Boarding school,what to do to prepare
    Ok,this amazing boarding school is accepting some kids around my area ,which is las vegas, and I'm one of the few kids who can try to go to this all amazing boarding school for high school. I'm only 14,but I want to go really badly,but I'm a little scared. My mom doesn't really want me to but I do. Right now I have to turn in my application and such and then try out for the interviews and then this huge test, so my question is what should I do to get ready for it? I don't know whether I should study or try and learn how to do more independent stuff. I don't know how to cook or clean,I don't even know how to do the landuray. I have some doubts and I know I'm going to miss my family but this is a once in a chance opprutrinty and I'm going to try and make it, So what should I do to get ready and your thought about a 14 year old moving a way from home,by a lot. I live in the west and I'm going to move to the northeast.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2008, 11:00 PM

Hi, hate_and_love!

Why doesn't your mom want you to go, please? Also, if your father figures into the picture here, what does he have to say?

I had opportunity, because I was invited, to go to the Interlochen Arts Academy when I was in high school. However, one of my high school teachers convinced me not to go. I'm glad that he did that, because I don't really think that I would have been that much further along in my career because of going; would have had to leave all of my friends and we already had a great and wonderful music program at the high school that I was attending.

Many things to consider here...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doggie sitters/boarding [ 6 Answers ]

We are going on vacation and would like to leave our dogs home. We are trying to choose between boarding at our vet, or a paid dog sitter in our home. One dog is a puppy not totally potty trained, the other is 7 yrs old and attached to his home, not a traveler. We do have a doggie door for the...

Funds for Boarding School [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the best place to look for educational grants ? I want to send my daughter to boarding school, of course I cannot afford it. I have looked on the internet at grant sites but have been unable to find any.

Proxy Server at Boarding School [ 19 Answers ]

K I go to a boarding school which has a proxy server It has surf control, doesn't allow MSN or any Music Downloader And it also won't let me play my Online game(Star Wars Galaxies) What can I do to get around this and be able to do these thing? Please reply or e-mail me...

View more questions Search