Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    task1950 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 07:32 AM
    SoL - Conflict of Laws ?
    Which State's laws would be applicable to a charged off credit card account?

The credit card debt was incurred and charged off in the State of WA - 3 year SoL on credit card (open-end) debt. I have moved and now reside in Indiana where the SoL on same type of debt is 6 years.

I am looking for laws, statutes or cases that can be used as a reference for a lender requesting some sort of documentation to show him that the SoL of WA would apply so that I can get my Adjustable Rate Mortgage refied to a fixed rate.

I came across the Conflict of Laws ruling - but not sure which State Laws would be applicable.

Does anyone know which state's rulings would be applicable?

Does anyone know the best place to find other cases relevant?

Please point me in the right direction - really confused right now.
    Iknowalotofstuff Posts: 144, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 08:53 PM

The cause of action (damages arising from an unpaid credit card) arose in WA. The statute of limitations in WA applies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ip conflict [ 5 Answers ]

HI How do I get to know the mac address of conflicting ip address? Thanks

International marriage and divorce laws in regard to american laws [ 3 Answers ]

Dateline: U.S. resident from panama in national guard gets stationed in panama and gets married U.S. resident comes back from panama (without wife cause she does not want to leave her country) U.S. resident becomes a naturalized citizen of U. S. Naturalized U. S. citizen gets american...

Possible ip conflict [ 5 Answers ]

I am connected to a wireless network some 500 meters distant using a wireless pci adapter with an external antenna. My system is windows xp professional 'new' edition. I originally set this up using a qpcom wireless pci adapter 802.11g. Due to the weak signal that I received, I changed the...

IP conflict ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've a LAN with a DC, it seems that someone has changed the IP address of his computer to be static, and it seems also that he assigned an IP address like the server one 192.168.123.2. The problem is that, I do receive an error message on the server console stating that there's an...

View more questions Search