Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohamed8008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Holy quran rules
    Asalaamu alikum warahmatullah,
    Dear brothers and sisters,
    Basically I am a muslim of age 22 and I have completed my B.E degree and I am suppose to move to job for a software company insha allah in a few months. Though my family is from tamilnadu. My family is not much dedicated in islam still practices it moderately. But I got very interested about islam when I found scientific discoveries in quran.
    I am following islam but I want to be more authentic in my religion so that I can feel secured when I was often cornered about certain verses in quran. I could believe that its word of god as I am a muslim and I knew its truth yet...
    some verses often prikle my heart and I was searching on net for the following three questions about islam whole day and finally I couldn't find any satisfactory results.
    but subahanallah I found this site.
    questions:

1. In quran in sura an-nisa there is a verse which says that is not a blame for those who have sex with their captives or slaves even though it is forbidden to marry non muslim unless he is jew or christian and how sex before marriage allowed here is this contaradiction?

2.I want to know about the wisdom of jihad and how islamic rulers conquered others even though it is said by god in quran as there is no compulsion in religion?

3.In quran in some places I found that theose who commit sin and are believers (if I am not mistaken) they will abide in hell forever but rasool sal has said that every muslim will be released from hell after somedays? Is that contradicting?

4.what about tax on non muslims called riba is it fair law and is it mentioned in al quran?

5.what about rule of stoning to death even though it is not in quran?

if anyone can answer, you have paved my way to truth more strong and concrete. Please help me .
    Let Allah bless his prophet and all his followers.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 11:29 PM

Hi, mohamed8008!

I don't know about the specific answers to the questions that you ask. However, I'm hopeful that others that do know about the faith will be along to address them.

I just wanted to give you one more possible online resource that you might want to read and study, if you haven't found it already. It can be found via clicking on the following link.

Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Thanks clough thanks a lot let allah bless you
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Assalaam alaikum,
    I have linked information regarding each question,I am not a scholar ,but I hope after reading through the links you are able to understand a little bit more than before.

1. In quran in sura an-nisa there is a verse which says that is not a blame for those who have sex with their captives or slaves even though it is forbidden to marry non muslim unless he is jew or christian and how sex before marriage allowed here is this contaradiction?

Islam Question and Answer - What is the ruling on intimacy with slave women?
    Islam Question and Answer - Intercourse with a slave woman is not regarded as zina (adultery)
    Islam Question and Answer - What is a “right hand servant”? Does the owner of a “right hand servant” have to be married?

2.I want to know about the wisdom of jihad and how islamic rulers conquered others even though it is said by god in quran as there is no compulsion in religion?

Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on jihad and kinds of jihad
    Islam Question and Answer - The wisdom behind jihad

3.In quran in some places I found that theose who commit sin and are believers (if I am not mistaken) they will abide in hell forever but rasool sal has said that every muslim will be released from hell after somedays? Is that contradicting?

Islam Question and Answer - He committed a sin and does not know what he should do now
    Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on a believer who commits some sins

4.what about tax on non muslims called riba is it fair law and is it mentioned in al quran?
    The word is not Riba,but Jizya.
    <i>Jizyah</i> and non-Muslim Minorities - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

5.what about rule of stoning to death even though it is not in quran?
    Islam Question and Answer - How can someone who used to commit adultery and steal repent?
    Islam Question and Answer - Repenting From Adultery

Wa alaikum salaam
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Hi, firmbeliever!

I was hoping that you would come along here! :)

Hadn't seen you around in awhile...

Thanks!

Nov 2, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Assalaam,
    Thanks a lot allah will bless u
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2011, 06:32 PM
    Stoning to death is the purification from zina of a married person, and it IS in The Quran, because Allaah has commanded in His Book to obey and follow His Messenger -sAaws- and told us that whoever doesn`t accept the ruling of Allaah and His Rasuul -sAaws- willingly is not a believer. So never say Sunnah is not in The Quran.
    There is never contradiction with any of the Words of Allaah or His Messenger -sAaws. It is only lack of understanding, why we don`t sometimes immediately find how to compromise between them with our limited minds. That`s why we have scholars. And it`s not obligatory even to understand every single Verse and Hadiith, but of course those that are related to aHkaam are clarified knowledge, and they are not left undecided. Sometimes you have to say OK I don`t know, but I believe. Don`t give room for the devil to try to intellect you into disbelief. Some Verses are abrogated by others also, as the 3 verses about alcohol, when first in Revelation it was not forbidden, but makruuH, then it became Haraam to make Solaah drunk, and finally alcohol became Haraam. This was related to the development of Islam according to how Allaah guided His Messenger -sAaws- alomg with his SoHaabah -rAa.
    I only know there can be found one Verse in the Quran that could be interpreted that some people, who believe will enter Hell Fire forever, and that is in Surat An-Nisaa: 93. It says that who murders a believer intentionally will go to Hell Fire forever. About that Verse Allaah knows best. Myself I would suppose such a person is NOT a believer, who decides to murder another believer, but that doing so one becomes a disbeliever. And Allaah knows best. Some scholars still say that Allaah may forgive killing muslims, because it is less than shirk. Allaah knows best. He is the Best of those, who judge. Allaah knows if someone killed a believer (because they themselves were munafiquun) because of their belief in Allaah (as in the story of Qaabil and Haabil, the 2 children of Adam) (and He said munaafiquun are in the lowest depths of The Hell Fire, and He said they are liars even when they witness MuHammadun Rasuulullaah -so they are not truly muslims, in fact), or because of some other reason someone became so angry that they lost their mental stability and didn`t know what they were doing and accidentally killed someone (So they will face consequences in this world according to Shar`iah, but they are not punished by Allaah).

Jan 23, 2011, 06:33 PM
    Comment on AbuBakr_Fin's post
    Wa `aleikumus-Salaamu wa rahmatUllaahi wa barakaatuhu.

Jan 23, 2011, 06:38 PM
    Tax or interest are not the same. When a wealthy muslim gives zakaat 2,5 % from ones surplus wealth over 1 year, is it ribaa? It is what was ordered by Allah, and not what was forbidden. And kuffaar are ordered to pay djizjah. Ribaa is ALWAYS Haraam!

Jan 26, 2011, 02:14 PM
    Bismillaah.
    About jihad, there is no permission under any circumstances to force someone to become a muslim, but there is death penalty for abandoning Islam in a Shar`iah state. These too are not contradictory, because a person follows the rule of the land they live in, and if they want to abandon Islam, let them abandon harming muslims by declaring it, and seek shelter in kufr countries, like some do. The reason and wisdom behind these both rules is clear, because the intent is for ummah to be safe from fitna and doubts and entering Hell Fire. So someone knows the truth, but doesn`t want it, then let them leave those alone, who have it. And then to say a word about jihad: there are 2 types of armed combat, although jihad has a broader sense too, and we are now in the first type in some parts of the muslim world, which is jihad ad-daf`ah, defensive jihad. So we are attacked, and the strategem is based on attacking the enemy in their lands or fighting them in our lands, but it is due to battling against the oppression and military occupation of kuffaar in the muslim lands, which makes it obligatory for us to fight in Islam. Now, your question is more related to the second type, which is attacking, and seeking the enemy out, and if you study there are 3 steps within it commanded by Allaahs Messenger -sAaws- which make it absolutely impossible to force anyone accept Islam: 1. to explain to them Who is their Lord and call them to worship Him Alone in His Religion following His Last Messenger -sAaws- and becoming muslims, and 2. if they don`t accept, them ask them to pay the tax to become under the protection and ruling of the khilafah, and finally 3.if they choose to fight, then fight. So people, who are behind those oppressors may receive guidance by the permission of Allaah, and injustice is checked on the earth, and the word of The Creator prevails upon His creation in stead of injust laws of men. Ok? Abu Hurayrah -rAa- explained if I remember correctly that we even go to fight the people and take them in chains that they can enter Paradise. So if them, or their women and children become captives, they may become slaves to muslims, and that means they become under the rulings of Allaah and care of those that fear Him, and worship Him, and a part of their family, and it is likely that they will receive guidance when they see the beauty of Islam. And their children are raised in Islam. Are you not more pleased that if SoHaabah -rAa- would have come and fought and enslaved your parents and you were raised upon what Allaah created all creation upon and you enetered Paradise, than that all generations just lived in darkness and followed each other in Hell Fire?
    And about that believers entering Fire, I think you should have clarified your evidence, because it`s hard to correct your misunderstanding when you don`t state the Verses you got them from. First you should know Allaah, and then it will become obvious that no-one has right to be worshipped but Him. Then study His Names and Attributes and Verses related to them, so you will know that He loves to forgive, loves those who repent, nothing is impossible to Him, and that He never makes injustice upon anyone at all. Let`s try to understand how He wants us to live, because phd:s are diplomas invented by kuffaar, but Allaah has diplomas too, and they are more valuable, more benefitial, and more eternal.

Jan 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
    Just to mention a couple of words about stoning to death - rajm. It is a mercy of Allaah for believers that they may be protected from what their desires may lead them to, and that they may seek to become purified honourably and meet Allaah clean from that sin, and that others might fear Him, and know that He is severe in punishment, and that His limits are not to be broken, so the earth might become filled with the pious, and righteousness prevail.
    In the time of our beloved Al-Mustafa -sAaws- a man would come to him and ask him to please purify him (from adultery), and he -sAaws- asked others to witness if the man is insane. When they witnessed for his sanity, the order was given. A woman came to him for the same reason and the same request, and he -sAaws- ordered her to wait until she gives birth, and when she had, she came back to him carrying her baby, and he -sAaws- ordered her to suckle the baby until it is weaned, and later she came back and showed that the baby was already chewing something (was it bread -I`m not sure) then The Messenger of Allaah gave the baby away and ordered her stoning. So this ruling is a part of Islam and well known and not an innovation, and it was the ruling of Allaah. But unlike today, people would come to beg for the ruling upon themselves, because they knew it was their purification, and they as true believers didn`t bare to live in that shame. When as nowadays people are just playing around and cheating and pretending and even when the rulings are applied, they are awful atrocities. So the leaders, judges, and the scolars, and the normal muslims have mostly become like the filth and trash that foam of the ocean carries, as our beloved Prophet -sAaws- told will happen to us, and our hearts are filled with love of the world and fear of death. May Allah guide us. We are saying Islam is our Religion and we are saying we are muslims and we are saying laa ilaaha ill-Allaah and we neither understand what these words even once meant, nor would we practice them if we did. May Allaah forgive us.

Jan 26, 2011, 02:58 PM
    And you should know don`t be confused not everything is in Quran. Otherwise you would also not even know from where to cut the hand of a thief, or is it one or both hands. And you would`t know how to make Solaah! You have to accept Sunnah. Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal -may Allaah have mercy upon him- said that The Sunnah with us is holding on to what The Companions -rAa- of The Messenger of Allaah -sAaws- were upon, and taking them as examples to follow.
    And he said that the Sunnah explains the Quràn, and that it`s a guide to The Quràn.
    So you can`t just take The Book and make yourself or anyone else above him -sAaws- to whom Allaah revealed it, and to whom He taught it`s explanation. The Sunnah is a part of revelation.
    1.Quran and Sunnah
    2.SoHaabah
    3.Fuqahaa
    Try to obtain a book called:
    Bulugh Al-Maràm (Attainment of the Objective according to Evidence of the Ordinances) by Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani -may Allaah have mercy upon him. This Book is like a must for every student of knowledge.

Jan 26, 2011, 03:05 PM
    And in that book you are to find what you are looking for, and it`s based of Hadiiths and studies of greatest scholars of muslims of rulings concerning them. One of the worst type of people that exist today are the deniers of Hadiiths.. Abandon them.

Jan 26, 2011, 03:15 PM
    And about your first question, then read the beginning of Suurat Al-Muminuun. It`s very clear, and there is nothing to doubt about within it. I`ll just mention it here:

Certainly will the believers have succeeded:

They who are during their prayer humbly submissive

And they who turn away from ill speech

And they who are observant of zakah

And they who guard their private parts

Except from their wives or those their right hands possess, for indeed, they will not be blamed -

But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors -

Jan 26, 2011, 03:24 PM
    And you may order the book from here -and all other books from them too- they are trustworthy: http://store.dar-us-salam.com/main.mvc?Screen=SRCH&Store_Code=Dus&search=bulugh& customfield1=&customfield2=&customfield3=&searchca tcount=&priceranges=1

Jan 26, 2011, 04:14 PM
    And Allaah knows best about all what I`ve said, but I`ve went through it, and mostly my text was clear I think, and all of it in shaa Allaah is according to The Holy Quràn, though some of it seems to have minor spelling mistakes, and hopefully I am understood.. Alhamdu Lillaah, if He has made my mistakes not in my teaching of Him, His Prophet -sAaws- or His Religion, as I have prayed. I trust Him in this.
    You asked a lot, and frankly I whish to tell you much more about them, but I believe these writings on my behalf may sufficiently deal with what you brought up. And I would suppose that: believing slave-women may be freed and married too, but they are allowed without separate marriage contract to their masters (only) clearly without distinction, but only allowed to be married (and thus freed first) if they are believers in at least the previous books (i.e. they are jews or christians), or that they are actually believers (i.e. muslims). This is what I gather from The Book of Allaah, and I wouldn`t only rely on this my own thinking I base in many Verses I`m not mentioning all in detail if I had the situation of having slave-women etc. but just to give you an answer how there is no contradiction. And this is one of the innumerous evidences that The Quràn is The Book of Allaah that if it were revealed from anyone else, you could find within it a lot of contradictions (like you find in Bibles and all other religious books).
    But don`t go asking too much why this and that, because shaitaan uses arguments like that, which lead to disbelief, like "who created Allaah?", or when he arrogantly told he is better than Adam because he was created from fire, and used that as his excuse to disobey His command. Allaah also said the jews are claiming that buying and selling is similar to ribaa, but ALLAAH SAID: "WA AHALLA ALLAAHU ALBAI`A WA HARRAMA ARRIBAA!"... And Allaah made business allowed and interest forbidden. So do you understand? When Allaah orders you to do something, don`t debate. When Allaah forbids you from something, don`t debate. Don`t even think about it. I swear by Allaah you can become a kaafir because of thoughts like that. So fear Allaah, Who created you, so you belong to Him, and He is The Most Just, The All-Mighty, The All-Wise, The Oft-Forgiving. Sälääm to you all. Make the devils scared by: Takbiir! Allaahu akbar.
    may24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2011, 06:45 PM
    HI my name is Asma well and I love this website

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The quran [ 3 Answers ]

How is the quran the book of guidance?

Holy Parrots. [ 4 Answers ]

A lady goes to her priest one day and tells him, 'Father, I have a problem. I have two female parrots, But they only know how to say one thing.' 'What do they say?' the priest inquired. They say, 'Hi, we're hookers! Do you want to have some fun?' That's obscene!' the priest exclaimed, Then...

Un scientific remarks in quran [ 16 Answers ]

Satellite pictures proved sun is not moving, standing and lighting . But quran says sun is moving on its certain path . Why quran says and stands on this type of unscientific ...

Holy Cow! [ 46 Answers ]

Ok, I'm sure you have all heard about the kid that ran away from the military to Canada to avoid going to Iraq. His first excuse was that he thought if he returned he'd be persecuted, but since that didn't fly, he decided to claim the war was illegal. Obviously because this wasn't his first...

View more questions Search