Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SenbonKick Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 09:57 PM
    A weird dot, NOT floaters!
    First off, I have read a lot of threads/websites about vision/eyes but none of them gave me an answer, I am hoping to find an answer here.

Okay now, for over 10 years (as long as I know it is there) there has been a dot in the middle of my vision (an easier way to describe it, when you turn on a TV and it has no signal, it goes ZzzzZzz, but it only has 1 single dot and its in the middle of my vision) It doesn't matter if I open my eyes, close my eyes, off the lights or even open 1 of my eyes. The small dot is still there! Even if I look up/left/right/down, the dot follows and is still in the middle of my sight!

As for as I know. Floaters are different, you close your eyes, they disappears. And there is a bunch of them (at least 2-3 of them, not just 1 and for over 10 years)

Weird? Hope to have an answer though, since internet = the world. Internet doesn't know, the world doesn't.

PS: Feel free to email me if there is anything else you want to ask, [email protected]
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 10:27 PM

Perhaps do some research on macular degeneration... And go to your eye doctor. How old are you?

Oct 30, 2008, 11:30 PM
    I am 21 years old. I think macular degeneration is 1 of the older fokes things but it is still a possibility though.

I can eventually see through the dot-like thing if I try to...

There is another thing, this may clean the macular degeneration possibility.

When I look at the wall at a 1m range, the *dot* is very very very clear!
    When I look at the wall at a 25m range, the *dot* isn't as clear.
    When I look at the wall at a 50m range, the *dot* may even disappear! :confused: :confused:

Mascular degeneration doesn't work this way, does it?

PS: Thanks for peeking into the thread and replying ;)
    Vision Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 11:41 PM

Im not an expert on the disease,from what Ihear it can be trauma induced as well.. though veryrare. I urge you to see an Ophthalmologist. Visit your local walmart or retail vision centers... they have very good prices for diagnostic exams... and there are numerous tests they can run and get you an answer and/or referral..

Oct 30, 2008, 11:50 PM

Erm... do you think I got a disease?
    Vision Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 11:55 PM

I don't know... I don't have the ability or knowledge to diagnose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I weird? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm 14 I'm in the 8th grade and I HATE make up and I don't like wearing skirts or dresses... I barely ever wear shorts all I like to wear is blue jeans a t-shirt and my hoodie... is that weird??

Ex being weird [ 4 Answers ]

OK I guess that I'll have to start from the begging... My ex-boyfriend and I were dating for 2 years and he randomly decided to dump me in the middle of a horrible snow storm. The day before the breakup everything was perfect. It seems he just snapped overnight for no reason. He said that he did...

A little weird [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I started my period nov.28th, and got off that next Wednesday, dec. 6th. And for some weird reason, I started again this Tuesday, the 12th, and I have no clue why. I shouldn't have started until the last week of this month or the first week of next month. The last time I had sex was this...

How is this for weird... [ 1 Answers ]

may dad passed away last yr feb... had dream about waking up looking at alarm clock and saw the time my dad was telling me I'd be late for school... guess what... the daily #'s came out and MATCHED the time on clock!! and I never played them!! weird... happened 2x's so far.. thought they were...

View more questions Search