Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Former blonde Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2006, 11:40 PM
    highlight too dark dyed hair?
    Today I dyed my hair a light ash brown and it is really dark, esp. since I am a dark blonde normally. Should I wait for it to fade and continue to get funny looks from friends OR should I put some highlights in to break up the all over brown? I have only washed it once and underneath this new color was a dark ash blonde that had gotten too light from being in the sun. That is why I colored my hair today to get rid of the brassy blonde that the sun and swimming had produced. My hair as a child and teen was blonde and has gotten darker each year since my 20s. I am now 37 and getting a few random grays and have a lot of dark hair but still to me look like I should be a blonde with my pale skin and blue eyes. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 11, 2006, 11:53 PM
    If you're not happy with the color and want to go back blonde, it requires bleaching. You can pre-lighten your hair, and then add a toner to give you the color you desire. Or, you can get some dark blonde highlights put onto your hair. You should see a professional for any change that's two or more shades away from your natural hair color.
    Former blonde Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2006, 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the reply! I went to my hairdresser for a haircut and to see what she thought I should do and she suggested that I give it two more weeks (because my hair has already lightened up quite a bit) and then she will put in some highlights if I still want them. I am liking my hair much better since my haircut and now that it has lightened on its own. I appreciate your advice! Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! I hate my new hair dyed colour! [ 7 Answers ]

Please can someone help me!! I dyed my hair this afternoon to a dark browny colour and at first I liked it but after a wile I saw it was just awful!! Its made me cry for ages because of it and I really need someone's help! I've been looking on the internet and people are saying I shouldn't try...

Help with dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Argh I recently dyed my hair black, my natural hair is blonde and I'm getting the worst regrowth already, and soon ill be going on roccatain(spelt something like that) and I really want to get rid of it because while I'm on the med I will have my formal... :eek: and I won't be able to do anything...

Change shade of dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I do really need a good advice how to get rid of orange shade of my dyed hair. My natural haircolor is dark ash blond and I wanted to get light ash blond so I bought a color at a store that said "extra ash blond", expecting nice white sandy blond. But!! I am light orange! :eek: I went to...

How to Fade Dyed Dark Hair? [ 12 Answers ]

Im naturally a very fair, light brown colour hair and I died it black about 3 months ago but because my hair is so long I used two hair dyes to cover it. Unfortunately it didn't and the ends of my hair stayed the same light colour. Now my roots are coming through so I have light roots and light...

Hair dyed unevenly [ 2 Answers ]

My natural color is medium/dark brown. I've been highlighting my hair for about 4 years, then dyed it all over a light brown about a month ago. I didn't like how it turned out, so about a week ago I used a demi-permanent dye that is very close to my natural color. I love the color, but the only...

View more questions Search