Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alb123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2003, 02:24 PM
    Legal rights/paternity
    I found out I have a two y/o son recently. Mother says she got pregnant purposely to have sibling for older brother. She agreed to let me see him which I have regularly since I found out. I also established paternity through a blood test. Problem is, I want to see child more than mother wants me to and she's getting irritated with me because she feels I'm intruding on her life. I don't want to see him when she feels like it, but establish a real relationship with him on terms we both can agree on. She nor I have any intention of relationship with each other. What are my legal rights? Also, if she took a notion, can she sue me for back child support for the last two years since I've determined through blood test that he's my child?
    Lucy55 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alb123
    I found out I have a two y/o son recently. Mother says she got pregnant purposely to have sibling for older brother. She agreed to let me see him which I have regularly since I found out. I also established paternity through a blood test. Problem is, I want to see child more than mother wants me to and she's getting irritated with me because she feels I'm intruding on her life. I don't want to see him when she feels like it, but establish a real relationship with him on terms we both can agree on. She nor I have any intention of relationship with each other. What are my legal rights? Also, if she took a notion, can she sue me for back child support for the last two years since I've determined through blood test that he's my child?
    She can file to get all the child support paid back to her regardless of when the paternity test was done. As for the visitation, you can go to the courthouse and file a motion for parental visitation asking for x amount of days a week, weekends, etc.. If she contest a mediator would probably be called in to see if some arrangement can be met, (Keep in mind mediators charge). If no arrangement is met, she would have to show some real reason why you shouldn't be allowed regular visits with your son. Since she had let you establish a relationship with him.
    But keep in mind that if you upset her, she could turn on you and seek the back support she is intitled to.
    Lucy55
    NForcer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 07:07 PM
    I have a 14 year old daughter who thinks that she is grown. And feels that she doesn't have to listen to what I have to say. When she doesn't get her way she always says that she is going to commit suicide. When I tell her something its like she doesn't care I try to tell her about what can happen out there to her but, she states that if she gets shot then she gets shot. I want to give up my parental rights to my 14 year old daughter. She, feels that she is grown and is able to do what she wants to do. I need to know how do I go about giving up my parental right to her, and find someone else to take over and be her guardian.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NForcer
    I have a 14 year old daughter who thinks that she is grown. I want to give up my parental rights to my 14 year old daughter.
    Hello N:

It's not a good idea to piggyback on somebody else's question. In any case, you can't throw away your children.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 06:47 PM
    You can go to family court and get an order for visitation. Then she's bound by that order. Also be prepared to be hit with an order for child support and yes, that'll include arrearages dating back to the date of birth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who has the legal rights to parents ashes? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question requarding my fathers ashes. In 1999 my father passed away, At the time of his death he was not married. He had a live in girl friend of 12 years. I don't know if Philadelphia is a common law state or not. My dad had three daughters. Two from his first marriage and one from his...

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Adult paternity rights [ 8 Answers ]

What rights does an adult have to leagally force the issue of establishing paternity? The father listed on the birth certificate it incorrect. If the adult child has no rights can a grandchild or great-grandchild force the issue, even if only for medical and corrected document reasons?

Adult child paternity rights? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I have any right to determine who my father is? I am 32 years old, and have been trying tactfully to contact the man who is said to be my father. I want nothing more from him than the truth... is he my father? If he is, all I am looking for is family tree information and...

Seeking Paternity Legal Advice [ 5 Answers ]

I am a married women of 15 years and have a child who is 5 years old. I had an affair 5 years ago outside of my marriage, and the guy thinks he may be my child's biological father five years later. My husband knows nothing about this, and never question paternity or had no reason to. Does this...

View more questions Search