Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vagentlemanroa Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 11:02 AM
    You got to sell out like Homey the Clown to the Man.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Hello again,

If you want to rant, we have a section for that. But HERE we answer questions... Clearly, you don't want our advice. What DO you want?

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2008, 11:53 AM

Your qualification section is much too dense for a resume. I'd be happy to check over your resume. I've done that for people since 1985. Do you rant to interviewers?

My younger son has three master's degrees (project management, MBA, and IT), did office grunt work for Lucent for seven years and got lots of experience in database management and working in a team environment, and will begin a new job Monday with a very reputable company that will pay him a better salary and offers moving-up opportunitieswith pay increases. He has a terrific resume, valuable experience, and knocks 'em dead at interviews.
    NJExit9 Posts: 31, Reputation: -1

Mar 8, 2009, 09:22 AM

Computer IT field is a great paying with better job security than any other type of office positions that can be easily replaced with cheaper workers.
    Hathor Posts: 73, Reputation: 9

Apr 1, 2009, 11:47 AM

I understand your anger (I'm about to graduate my Master's and of course on the stressful hunt). But I have to agree with excon.

Anyway, this attitude NEVER EVER HELPS. I have it too, being cynical and all that. But NO ONE will want to hire some cynics with attitudes, no matter how smart and experienced one is.

I know all about stress. I've been a scholarship hunter all my life. I win some, I lose some. But at the end, I got what I wanted most of the time because I NEVER give up. I KEEP APPLYING. I got rejected by UCL twice, but instead got an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for my Master.

You know, even though I'm still young. I know IT'S ALL ABOUT TIMING. All events of my life, when I lost something, there was ALWAYS something else lining up. I would never know if this new opportunity I got would be BETTER than the one I didn't get, because WE WILL NEVER KNOW ANYWAY.

My life goal is working for the UN. And well, last winter I did an internship there supervised by the Deputy Director-General herself. I thought my future career could kick off that way. But guess what, my high profile didn't help anything. I mean my supervisor was way too busy to help with guidance. No one is going to be feeding me. I have to do it all by myself. At the UN, they have a policy of not allowing interns to apply for a regular post for 6 months after the completion of the internships. And to top it all, the vacant posts I'm interested in are not for me because they want like 5 years of experience. And how will I get 5 years of experience, I STILL HAVE NO IDEA, BUT I'M NOT Going to GIVE UP. The other way to get into the UN system is through the National Competitive Recruitment Exam. This one we don't need the so-called experience. But guess what, only 40 nationalities are eligible for this exam, and mine is not in the list.

What will I do? I will keep searching and contacting everyone I know for what I want. The only opportunity left for me right now is to wait till November for the next round of application to UNESCO.

But I won't sit around moping until November, I'll be doing something else, something worthwhile. I just got invited to lecture part-time at a uni, and I'm now hunting for a full-time one.

Bottomline: NEVER give up and stop moping. I have high education too, I speak 3 languages, my qualifications are great. But there're other qualified people like you and me. As I said, IT'S ALL ABOUT TIMING. Maybe the less-qualified will get what you want. But your time WILL EVENTUALLY COME. Trust me.
    littleangle Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Never be upset,life is nice and you have to live it.Try to launch a job search on the internet.Try these link : www.gulfjobsbank. Com
    You have to be proud of yourself,
    I always say to endowed people these words:"The bubbles float on water and go high in the air but heavy rocks remain under the waters" upside down logic.Isn't it:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial Aid (Masters) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a bachelors degree in a non-scientific field. I want to get accepted into a Masters program that requires several science courses for acceptance. Is anyone aware of any type of financial aid that may be available for me to take these courses (about 5 classes plus labs). I have had...

Why masters? [ 1 Answers ]

What are the benefits of doing masters in design?

Scholarship for masters [ 1 Answers ]

I did my bachelor of commerce degree and I am intending to go for masters(mba) in human resources management, I want to know where can I get scholarship as I don't have a good financial position to sponsor myself. I am from the least developed countries. Also which universities offer such a...

View more questions Search