Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Linking monitor to 360
    I have an xbox 360 connected to a monitor using a vga cable. It is capable of running pal 60 games but not pal 50 (which original xbox games use), is there any way that I can connect the xbox 360 to the monitor and still be able to play both pal 60 and pal 50 games
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 08:35 AM

Any ideas at all
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 04:06 PM

Anything?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 12, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Disclaimer: I don't have an Xbox. I also don't have any experience with European devices and video formats.

I did a cursory search on this earlier this week for my own edification which concluded PAL60/PAL50 conversion devices are available and would solve your issue if the video format source to the monitor was the only problem and/or the monitor could handle either format. But, by your own post the Xbox 360 will not play PAL50 games for whatever reason, so the problem would seem to lie there. If that's the case, then no monitor connection voodoo will change that. This Xbox 360 PAL50/60 Option... ? and Xbox 360 - Support - Troubleshooting FAQ for Games discuss changing PAL display settings on the Xbox itself, perhaps that's all that is required. Have you memorized the manual or called Xbox 360 support? I would think this would be a common issue.
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 05:16 AM

Thank you for replying, sorry for the confusion the xbox 360 and the monitor are both capable of playing pal 60 and 50 it is the cable that is not capable of enabling the monitor to display pal 50. Or so I'm told
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    it is the cable that is not capable of enabling the monitor to display pal 50. or so im told
    Ok, if you're using a VGA cable see While attempting to play an original Xbox game on your Xbox 360 console, you receive an error message that states you must change the resolution of your screen or your screen remains black or green regarding the issue. A XBOX 360 Advanced SCART or Component HD cable is suggested. If your TV/monitor does not directly offer those connection formats, an additional adapter would be needed to convert to one of the connections formats the TV/monitor does support. Your local electronics or XBox retailer should be able to supply the adapter.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 03:25 PM

Thank you ill try that then :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Linking two sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to link two sheet on conditional

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

Linking tables [ 1 Answers ]

How to link tables

View more questions Search