Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ericsgurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2006, 05:09 PM
    Let me detail it better
    How possible is it to get pregnant on your period and could it mean I'm pregnant if my period stopped right after I had sex?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 9, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Ericsgurl, it is always possible to get pregnant while on your period, however rare. The fact that your period stopped right after sex does NOT mean that you are in fact pregnant.

Okay, this is how it goes. Typically when a woman gets pregnant the egg is just out of the ovary and it is usually fertalized within the fallopian tube. At this point the zygote (fertalized egg) travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus and attaches itself along the lining of the uterus. This is why we see so many tubal or ectopic pregnancies.

Now, when it comes to menstruation. Menstruation is the shedding of the lining of the uterus. This tends to occur when the egg is not fertalized. There are hormones in your body that detect whether you are pregnant these are hCG hormones. If your body detects pregnancy there is an increase in hCG there is usually no period. If there is no increase in hCG, there is a period.

While it is always possible, it is unlikely that you become pregnant while on your period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Master-detail [ 4 Answers ]

I have a relationship between a table vehicle and conditions of vehicles. Now my question is how can I show the conditions if you select the vehicle by a LOV. The vehicle table is master and conditions is detail but I don't really know how to do it. I hope that someone can help me?

View more questions Search