Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    culleybird Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Confidentiality in a school setting
    Why is confidentiality important in the school setting?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 12:01 PM

For several reasons... children get lableled quite easily. "Johnny must be a trouble maker since his parents have been called so many times" "Susie isn't very bright since she is receiving some extra help". Little Johnny may be dealing with family issues and this is resulting in his acting out at the moment. Susie may have been out sick and missed some work. These things can stick with a child long after any initial concerns have been addressed. Parents love to compare their child with other children and will often talk to other parents about things they overhear. Things can often be misconstrued or taken out of context when overheard resulting in incorrect, and inappropriate, information being passed around. This can, in some instances, taint a person's perception of that child as they will already have preconceived ideas about them.
    It's also a simple privacy matter. If your child was having difficulty in school, would you want it discussed among people who had no need to know? Most people would not want their business being known by those who don't play an active role in their child's well being or education.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 12:15 PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to by "confidentiality." I was thinking in regards to releasing personal information, school records, etc. but after reading DoulaLC's response, I see that it could be taken multiple ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

School grant to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single 48 yr old lady and I don't have mean to just go back to school but I work as a nursing asst but would like to know how to go back to school is there any grants that will help me do so?

Pharmacists Confidentiality [ 11 Answers ]

Hello I just had a question, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask it, but do pharmacists have confidentiality laws? Is it illegal for them to tell others what you have purchased?

Confidentiality violation of rights [ 5 Answers ]

I called the numan resource department to ask about how to get assistance with a transfer to a different state. A couple of days later, my immedite supervisor casualy mentioned he heard I might be moving to Atlanta. It was not his business and I was just seeking information when I contacted HR. ...

View more questions Search