Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tannksangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Do I Need a Passport to Travel in the United States?
    Do I need a passport to travel in the us? I'm being told we do now but I thought it was to just go out of the country
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 12:46 PM

Not sure what you are asking where do you live ?

You will need one to enter into the US, You will need one to exit the US, once you are in the US, you may travel within the US without one.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Hi, tannksangel!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just re-titled and moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

You already posted an introduction for yourself. This isn't a chat site, and in order for your question to be noticed and answered it needed to be in the correct topic area. I know that it can take some time to get used to how to use any site.

I do note you've already received a response from Fr_Chuck. I would be asking you the same questions as him and would like to add that, are you a citizen of the United States?

Thanks!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 04:46 PM

If you are US citizen or permanent resident (with greencard), and you are flying domestic flight, you only need a state issued ID BUT if you travel overseas or even cross the border to Cananda or Mexico, you need a passport.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of passport from Ghana to United States? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the cost of a passport in Ghana for travel to the United States?

Travelling to the United States [ 1 Answers ]

I was refused entry to the US several years ago as they became under the impression that I was trying to work illegally( which was not the case). Since then my passport has been flagged and every time I have made and attempt to cross the border- I have been stopped and drilled with questions, even...

Flying within the United States [ 1 Answers ]

I am Canadian, driving over the border to Buffalo, flying from Buffalo to Florida, do I need a passport? One airline says yes the other one says no.

United states passport with unpaid federal tax [ 3 Answers ]

Can I be denied a united states passport when I have unpaid federal taxes? I'm on social security dissability and the IRS has my debt under "uncollectable "

Do you now need a passport to travel within the united states? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going on vacation in march with my boyfriend and he said he heard that after jan. 1 2007 you need a passport to travel within the usa. IS THAT TRUE?:confused:

View more questions Search