Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Nov 3, 2008, 04:36 PM

Me neither. No teeth at all. Lol

I don't know much about much, but it's easy to ascertain that the corporate heads have much more education and ability to direct huge companies than the average person, and should be paid more. Because of their direction, millions of ordinary people have jobs.

What I read here with those who think it's OK to change the tax levels on people who make more money... ($250,000 is not rich by my standards, although I would be happy to make that much) is just plain jealousy. If you feel jealous, go to college and get the degrees, and put in the extra time and energy it takes to raise your own level of living. Then see if you feel it's fine that you should be paying more than the average citizen.

Suppose you suddenly hit a big lottery or something else that substantially increased your income. Wouldn't you be saying something like: "Well, I had to be poor a long time before I had this break so why should I give it to people who haven't put in the time and energy that I have?"

Those who provide jobs for others deserve some thanks for doing so - Where would those others be without those who generate the jobs? I don't know how much more they deserve, but it seems obvious they are putting more money into the government coffers simply by keeping others paying taxes and spending money.

I don't think the managers of McDonald's fall into the wealth range much more than their employees do. I'm referring to the production line in the auto factories where the ordinary person makes $20 to $35 an hour. Put 100,000 people into that category and look how much money is taxed at regular rates, and how much spending is done to create a better economy.

Let's punish those who have created and maintained these positions by raising their taxes. When they get tired of it, they can just leave this country and take their expertise some place that won't over tax them so highly.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Nov 3, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewings View Post
    Me neither. No teeth at all. lol.

Not even false teeth? Dentures? Just teasing with you. :rolleyes:

I don't know much about much, but it's easy to ascertain that the corporate heads have much more education and ability to direct huge companies than the average person, and should be paid more. Because of their direction, millions of ordinary people have jobs..
    You'd be wrong. Actually some of the smartest business minds that built this country had little formal eduction. I know corporate execs today that got position hires by having pull. Don't fool yourself.

What I read here with those who think it's ok to change the tax levels on people who make more money....($250,000 is not rich by my standards, although I would be happy to make that much) is just plain jealousy. If you feel jealous, go to college and get the degrees, and put in the extra time and energy it takes to raise your own level of living. Then see if you feel it's fine that you should be paying more than the average citizen.

How ironic! Thanks to Dubya there's good edcuated people roaming the unemployment lines with college degrees. Maybe they're jealous for wanting to eat? For goodness sakes PW! How much money are you banking? Wow! 250K is over four times the average household income in the US. BTW I graduated form broadcasting school, although I've been working credit in Vegas for the past twelve years. I've survived the lay-offs thus far.

Suppose you suddenly hit a big lottery or something else that substantially increased your income. Wouldn't you be saying something like: "Well, I had to be poor a long time before I had this break so why should I give it to people who haven't put in the time and energy that I have?"

Are you kidding me? In that circumstance, I'd be happy to have to pay more taxes.

Those who provide jobs for others deserve some thanks for doing so - Where would those others be without those who generate the jobs? I don't know how much more they deserve, but it seems obvious they are putting more money into the government coffers simply by keeping others paying taxes and spending money..

You mean for some companies. However in many cases that's not reality. Most large corporations have downsized even in good times. Any expansion is done with absolute necessary help only. Those customer service classes and seminars of the nineties are almost extinct in major corps today. They were on the out long before executive bonuses were even thought about being slashed.

I don't think the managers of McDonald's fall into the wealth range much more than their employees do. I'm referring to the production line in the auto factories where the ordinary person makes $20 to $35 an hour. Put 100,000 people into that category and look how much money is taxed at regular rates, and how much spending is done to create a better economy.

I can't imagine that McDonald's management is paid all that much either, perhaps 40 to 50K depnding on the area of the country. But what is your argument about the people making to 20 to 35 dollars in this economy knowing the cost of living haven risen, and with inflation up the yang yang?? You know that under the Dubya's disastrous two terms they've been laid-off and the middle and lower classes have already cut normal spending and are on frugal budgets.

Let's punish those who have created and maintained these positions by raising their taxes. When they get tired of it, they can just leave this country and take their expertise some place that won't over tax them so highly.
    Poor things. Multimillionaires are considered being punished for paying more taxes. Oh! Cry me a river. Put me in that punish category... please! Lottery ticket, donations, whatever, etc... Punish me! Punish me! All the way to the bank!
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Nov 3, 2008, 08:14 PM

You wouldn't have to go to the bank if your money were being redistributed. Just hand it over to Obama and save gasoline.

(You'd be wrong. Actually some of the smartest business minds that built this country had little formal eduction. I know corporate execs today that got position hires by having pull. Don't fool yourself.)

When this country was built people were lucky to go through elementary school. That's not a reality in this time. More people, more skills required.. more competition. Your friends who got top positions through pull still have to produce or they wouldn't hold onto their position very long.

I know I'm not wrong about the corporate heads, as far as this state, being extremely well educated. I worked with many of them over my 14 years at General Motors, and knew many who went back to school to get the highest possible degree to better themselves. Even I went back to school while working full time and it was no picnic.

Also, even though there are many people laid off right now, there are many more who are still holding onto their jobs... gratefully.

I don't really worry or care too much about the multi-millionaires or billionaires... they can take care of themselves. But those in the $150,000 - $250,000 range need their money as much as you or I. Perhaps our cost of living is higher than some other places.

I suppose it's easy to say you wouldn't mind giving half your money away to the government with some distant fantasy floating in your head, but in reality, I think you would.

The bottom line is that those huge corporations that hire many people will easily leave this country if the government pushes too hard. They can get cheaper labor and supplies elsewhere so why not? Then there are NO jobs.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Nov 3, 2008, 09:54 PM
    You wouldn't have to go to the bank if your money were being redistributed. Just hand it over to Obama and save gasoline.
    Too late! It already be redistributed under Dubya's presidency... mainly to his buddies and that adventure of his into Iraq. The man will go back to his ranch in Crawford, Texas and BBQ for his close friends, while the mainstream Pubs attempt to scapegoat Obama the next four years for Dubya's failures.

When this country was built people were lucky to go through elementary school. That's not a reality in this time. More people, more skills required..more competition. Your friends who got top positions through pull still have to produce or they wouldn't hold onto their position very long.
    Many of them just suck up space on payroll. I see it week in and week out. When the numbers don't hit the quarterly goals they just cut the workforce to save their own hides (and end of the year bonuses).

I know I'm not wrong about the corporate heads, as far as this state, being extremely well educated. I worked with many of them over my 14 years at General Motors, and knew many who went back to school to get the highest possible degree to better themselves. Even I went back to school while working full time and it was no picnic.

Listen. I'll say this again. Very highly educated people are in the unemployment line already. We are not talking about what if, it's already happened.

Also, even though there are many people laid off right now, there are many more who are still holding onto their jobs......gratefully.

That will sure make the unemployed feel better to know. Maybe George Bush will invite them over for a Thanksgiving dinner.

I don't really worry or care too much about the multi-millionaires or billionaires...they can take care of themselves. But those in the $150,000 - $250,000 range need their money as much as you or I. Perhaps our cost of living is higher than some other places.

Why are you not worrying about those in the 40k to 60k range?? That's where the vast majority of Americans household incomes are at.

I suppose it's easy to say you wouldn't mind giving half your money away to the government with some distant fantasy floating in your head, but in reality, I think you would.
    Eating and keeping a roof over our families head, at least for most of us, is reality. Your idea of wealthier people struggling because they pay more taxes is not.

The bottom line is that those huge corporations that hire many people will easily leave this country if the government pushes too hard. They can get cheaper labor and supplies elsewhere so why not? then there are NO jobs.
    You're stuck in the failed trickle down economic past of the Bush clan. Many of those large corp would move to Mexico if possible only to hire the cheapest labor possible then still hit the US at top retail dollar. In fact it was done before when Nike was in Mexico. Citibank is so cheap they outsourced customer service jobs to India. I know exactly what they prefer to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mythological creatures half human half animal [ 14 Answers ]

What are they called? There is a general therm for all of them, and each type also has an additional name. Some of them are half horse half human, others half goat half human etc..

What do you call a half man and half goat in mythological times? [ 8 Answers ]

Please help not sure what it is called.

70's or 80's half animated half real movie [ 6 Answers ]

I remember that cartoon/ movie I used 2 watch all the time. I don't remember title anymore. A boy of 11/12 talks with a friend on the phone, his mom goes 2 work. Suddenly a big red box with a ribbon appears in his room. He unpack it, and there is somekind of car ramp and little red cabrio. He gets...

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search