Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vbelleton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Approaching Event Sponsors
    What are the criteria that I need to approach any company to sponsor my mma event?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 10:59 PM

Hi, vbelleton!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I'm assuming that your question is about a martial arts event of some kind, so I just re-titled and moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

If it's not about a martial arts event, then I hope that you will accept my apology and let us know what specific event it's about.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Concerning your question, some of the things that you would need to have in order to approach sponsors would be information about the kind advertising that you could give to them for free in a brochure and/or program and also the targeted audience and number of people that are expected to attend the event in order for them to understand that supporting your event financially would be a benefit to them.

If appropriate, you also might like to provide space for a booth for them and tell them that you have booth space for them to be able to promote and sell what they have to offer that's related to what is happening at your event.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your questions.

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2008, 05:52 AM

First, when using a site like this its best to browse around a bit and read the instructions before posting so you get a feel for how the site works. Had you done so, you might have avoided the faux pas of posting a question in the Introductions area and using e-mail to ask a follow-up question. What you should have done, when you read my reply, was to find an appropriate forum to post your question in and repost it. Not only did you ignore the very clear instructions on what the Introductions area was for, but you ignored my response about reposting.

The answer to your question depends on the size of your company. Many, larger, companies have community relations departments that get involved with sponsoring local events. If you company doesn't have such a department then you will need to figure out who, in your firm, would be the best person to approach.

If there is a formal CR department, they can provide guidelines for getting sponsorship. If there isn't then just approach the logical person and have a discussion about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1 Visa sponsors/consultants [ 1 Answers ]

I have a H4 visa and am looking for a job. I am a QHSE mangaer and have 5 years experience in the Safety field. I have Safety certifications too. Can I get a Visa consulatant or a company who can sponsor my H1 or convert my H4 visastatus to H1

H1 B Sponsors [ 1 Answers ]

I want to apply for H1 Visa to US. Iam a Postgraduate Working as Software Engineer with 3 + years of Exp. I want to know details of H1 Sponsors who can sponsor me from US.

View more questions Search